Akhilesh sworn in as UP chief minister (Lead)March 15th, 2012 - 1:36 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 15 (IANS) Samajwadi Party (SP) leader Akhilesh Yadav was sworn in as the 33rd chief minister of India’s most politically crucial state Uttar Pradesh Thursday.
The 38-year-old, the youngest to hold the post in the country’s most populous state, took oath in the name of god at 11.34 a.m. at the sprawling La Martiniere College grounds here. Hundreds of thousands of supporters thronged the venue since early morning.
The son of SP chief Mulayam Singh Yadav, Akhilesh is credited with steering the party to a thumping victory of 224 seats in the 403-member assembly.
- Akhilesh becomes UP chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav becomes UP's youngest chief minister (Third Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Akhilesh takes over, shunts out Mayawati loyalists (Evening Lead) - Mar 15, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav to be UP chief minister (Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh set to take over, promises a new UP (Roundup) - Mar 10, 2012
- Lucknow gets set for Akhilesh Yadav's swearing in ceremony - Mar 14, 2012
- Akhilesh assumes charge, shunts out Mayawati loyalists - Mar 15, 2012
- Jairam hopes Akhilesh brings in good governance to UP - Mar 10, 2012
- At 38, Akhilesh to be UP's youngest chief minister (Second Lead) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav: From football, movies to crown of UP politics (Profile) - Mar 10, 2012
- Akhilesh comes of age in rough, tough UP politics - Mar 06, 2012
- Dimple Yadav to contest from Kannauj? - Mar 15, 2012
- Congress cannot take our support for granted: Shahid Siddiqui - Mar 13, 2012
- UP governor accepts Mayawati's resignation - Mar 08, 2012
- Early Holi for supporters of Hanuman devotee Mulayam - Mar 06, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,