Akhilesh not serious on scam probe: BJPAugust 2nd, 2012 - 9:45 pm ICT by IANS
Lucknow, Aug 2 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) Thursday launched a broadside against Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav, accusing him of giving conflicting statements on an alleged multi-crore rupee scam related to farm houses in Noida.
The scandal allegedly involved allotment of farm houses to influential people on land belonging to the irrigation department.
Akhilesh Yadav of the Samajwadi Party (SP) told IANS that the government was serious in punishing all the scamsters.
The BJP claimed that the chief minister said in a recent statement that a probe on the Noida matter was being handed over to the Lokayukta.
BJP spokesman Vijay Pathak asked the chief minister to clarify why were probes not being ordered against the alleged misdeeds and scams of the previous Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) government.
“The Samajwadi Party promised on page 20 of its manifesto that a commission would be constituted to enquire the scams of the BSP government and that it would submit a detailed report within a stipulated time,” Pathak said.
The BJP sought to know if some understanding or bargain had been struck between the BSP and the SP.
- BSP runs for cover as skeletons tumble out (News Analysis) - May 17, 2012
- UP government compromised on Maya's graft: BJP - Jun 15, 2012
- Akhilesh regime refuses probe into 'sugar mill loot' - Jun 14, 2012
- BSP-SP 'war' set to get shriller in times to come - May 21, 2012
- Akhilesh has no control over officials, party workers: BJP - May 17, 2012
- Akhilesh orders probe against former UP power minister - Jun 02, 2012
- Sack Raja Bhaiyya from UP cabinet, demands BSP - May 11, 2012
- Akhilesh against bringing chief minister's post under Lokayukta - Apr 26, 2012
- Mulayam gives Akhilesh full marks on completing 100 days - Jun 22, 2012
- UP to withdraw cases slapped against farmers - Aug 22, 2012
- Mayawati warns against razing statues - Apr 14, 2012
- With ministers like his, Akhilesh needs no enemies (Uttar Pradesh Newsletter) - Aug 18, 2012
- Minister flayed for saying officials can steal from state coffers - Aug 10, 2012
- Akhilesh Yadav files nomination for legislative council - Apr 12, 2012
- Have flip-flops spiked Akhilesh Yadav's political honeymoon? (News Analysis) - Jul 09, 2012
Tags: akhilesh yadav, allotment, aug 2, bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, bargain, bharatiya janata party, bjp, broadside against, chief minister, irrigation department, lokayukta, lucknow, manifesto, probes, rupee, Samajwadi Party, scams, scandal, spokesman