Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projectsApril 14th, 2012 - 2:32 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 14 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav Saturday met Prime Minister Manmohan Singh here and discussed a range of issues with him, including funding for development projects and the Kumbh Mela, sources said.
The meeting at the Prime Minister’s House at 7, Race Course Road was billed as a “courtesy call” by Akhilesh Yadav, who took over a month ago as Uttar Pradesh’s youngest chief minister at 38. But he did go armed with a long list of ‘expectations’ the state government had from the centre, sources said.
According to a senior state government official, these included support and early release of funds for various central-aided projects, including those in the health, education, power, surface transport, drinking water, flood control and student welfare.
The chief minister also apprised the prime minister of preparations with regards to the Kumbh Mela to be organised in Allahabad and asked the government to increase its share in infrastructure development for the religious congregation which receives millions from across the world.
Akhilesh Yadav informed Manmohan Singh that his government had undertaken certain “course corrections” and was trying its best to bring back the state on the track of development and fiscal growth.
Agriculture, he told the prime minister, was a top priority of the Samajwadi Party (SP) government in the state. He asked for support in the power sector, crucial for growth of the agriculture sector.
The chief minister also told Manmohan Singh that the fund the Planning Commission allocated for development of Bundelkhand and Poorvanchal were inadequate and demanded that they be increased, sources said.
Besides, he sought help for fighting the scourge of Japanese encephalitis in seven eastern districts of Uttar Pradesh. After hearing him out, the prime minister assured of all “possible help” to Uttar Pradesh.
- Akhilesh meets PM, seeks funds for central aided projects (Lead) - Apr 14, 2012
- UP announces new industrial policy - Sep 04, 2012
- Plan panel approves Rs.57,800 crore for Uttar Pradesh - Jul 18, 2012
- Akhilesh calls for more police recruitment, better security infrastructure - Apr 16, 2012
- Akhilesh to attend meet on internal security - Apr 09, 2012
- UP allots land for AIIMS in Rae Bareli town - Aug 13, 2012
- Rahul to tour Bundelkhand Jan 17-20 - Jan 13, 2012
- All support to UP on central-aided projects: Jairam Ramesh - Mar 31, 2012
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
- Akhilesh calls for better security infrastructure in Uttar Pradesh (Lead) - Apr 16, 2012
- Akhilesh seeks three more AIIMS-like institutes in UP - May 18, 2012
- Mayawati trying to misguide people: SP - Nov 15, 2011
- Mayawati decides to split Uttar Pradesh, opposition fumes (Roundup) - Nov 15, 2011
- Course correction if Mulayam wishes it: Akhilesh - Aug 01, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh not utilising central funds effectively: Khurshid - Aug 15, 2011
Tags: agriculture sector, allahabad, bundelkhand, chief minister, courtesy call, flood control, infrastructure development, japanese encephalitis, kumbh mela, manmohan, manmohan singh, power sector, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, religious congregation, Samajwadi Party, student welfare, surface transport, top priority, water flood