Akhilesh accuses Mayawati of derailing developmentMay 13th, 2012 - 12:10 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, May 12 (IANS) Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akilesh Yadav Saturday attacked his predecessor Mayawati for derailing and obstructing development in the state.
On a day-long visit to Etawah, his native place where he inspected pending developmental projects, the 38-year-old chief minister launched a broadside against the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) leader after he saw the stadium and the medical college there in shambles.
Accusing her of deliberating stopping work on various projects dear to the Samajwadi Party (SP), Yadav said he was saddened to see that projects where in hundreds of crores of public money was spent have been blocked as part of political differences and vendetta politics.
Assuring that all work that had been held up during the BSP regime would be taken up again and completed, the chief minister said new development work would be taken up at the Saifai medical college and the Chandgi Ram Sports stadium.
He also ordered that the shortfall of doctors should be immediately taken care of and the vacancies filled.
He also instructed officials to expedite work on the para-medical college in Saifai and also on the lion safari park that was being developed by the state forest department.
He also told reporters that his focus on development would not be restricted to only his native place but he would ensure that all-round development would take place in the entire state.
- Uttar Pradesh's Asiatic Lion safari plan finalised - Jun 10, 2012
- BSP not to contest against Dimple - Jun 06, 2012
- Uttar Pradesh to run new medical colleges under PPP - Nov 21, 2009
- UP plans big push for tourism in Taj city - May 03, 2012
- BSP-SP 'war' set to get shriller in times to come - May 21, 2012
- Belly dance was part of cultural show: Mulayam's supporters - Dec 29, 2010
- Work on Night Safari to start in UP - May 30, 2012
- UP gives grace period for power MoUs inked by Mayawati - Jun 07, 2012
- Mulayam misused development funds: Mayawati - Apr 27, 2009
- Dimple collects victory certificate, thanks voters - Jun 12, 2012
- Thousands of activists detained during protests: Samajwadi Party - Mar 07, 2011
- A night safari soon in Greater Noida - Aug 29, 2012
- Camel safari, night viewing, cycle track and boating around Taj Mahal soon - May 04, 2012
- Akhilesh not serious on scam probe: BJP - Aug 02, 2012
- Have flip-flops spiked Akhilesh Yadav's political honeymoon? (News Analysis) - Jul 09, 2012
Tags: bahujan samaj party, broadside against, chief minister, crores, developmental projects, lion safari, lucknow, medical college, political differences, predecessor, public money, ram sports, safari park, Samajwadi Party, shambles, shortfall, sports stadium, state forest department, vendetta, yadav