Akali Dal politician in key appointments postJuly 8th, 2011 - 11:58 pm ICT by IANS
Chandigarh, July 8 (IANS) Ruling Shiromani Akali Dal legislator Harish Rai Dhanda was Friday appointed the chairman of the Punjab Public Service Commission (PPSC).
An official spokesman said here that Punjab Governor Shivraj Patil Friday approved the appointment of Dhanda as chairman of the PPSC that is the nodal agency for all Class-I and senior appointments in the state government.
The opposition Congress had earlier criticised the Parkash Singh Badal government’s move to appoint Dhanda as the PPSC chairman, saying that the Akali Dal was politicising constitutional posts by nominating political appointees.
Dhanda, a lawyer, is a sitting Akali Dal legislator from Ludhiana district.
He was earlier chief parliamentary secretary (CPS) in the Badal government.
- Court quashes appointment of Punjab public service body chief - Aug 18, 2011
- Badal stakes claim, invited to form government - Mar 09, 2012
- Badal stakes claim, invited to form government (Lead) - Mar 09, 2012
- Akalis, BJP build on new, secular identity (Punjab Newsletter) - Apr 14, 2012
- 'Parkash Singh Badal to be chief minister' - Mar 08, 2012
- Punjab gets 21 new chief parliamentary secretaries - Apr 10, 2012
- Akali Dal leader resigns after conviction for graft (Lead) - May 04, 2011
- Punjab parties welcome Jan 30 assembly poll announcement - Dec 24, 2011
- Badal takes over as Punjab CM for fifth time (Second Lead) - Mar 14, 2012
- Punjab ruling alliance claims complete shutdown in state - Jul 04, 2011
- Manpreet Badal ploughs a lonely furrow (Punjab Newsletter) - Aug 24, 2012
- Punjab results compromise BJP's position in alliance (Punjab Newsletter) - Mar 22, 2012
- Parkash Singh Badal set to again be Punjab chief minister (Lead) - Mar 08, 2012
- Akali Dal to support NDA strike call - May 24, 2012
- Punjab assembly session begins Monday - Mar 18, 2012
Tags: appointment, appointments, chandigarh, cps, dhanda, lawyer, legislator, nodal agency, opposition congress, parkash singh badal, parliamentary secretary, political appointees, politician, ppsc, public service commission, punjab public service commission, spokesman, state government