AJSU wins Jharkhand by-poll (Lead)June 15th, 2012 - 6:46 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, June 15 (IANS) All Jharkhand Students Union (AJSU) candidate Navin Jaiswal won the Hatia assembly by-poll by a margin of over 11,500 votes, defeating the BJP, Congress and JVM-P nominees.
The Congress, main opposition in the state, failed to retain the seat and came fourth while the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP), ruling in Jharkhand, finished third.
The second spot was taken by Jharkhand Vikas Morcha-Prajatantrik (JVM-P).
AJSU candidate Navin Jaiswal managed to get 41,332 votes while JVM-P candidate Ajay Nath Sahdeo secured 29,774 votes.
BJP candidate Ramjilal Sarda got 26,186 votes while Congress candidate Sunil Sahay pulled 21,446 votes.
AJSU is an alliance partner of the BJP in Jharkhand.
The by-poll took place June 12 with around 38 percent polling.
The seat had fallen vacant after Congress legislator Gopal Nath Sahdeo died in 2010 following an illness.
- Jharkhand by-poll: AJSU leads; BJP, Congress trail - Jun 15, 2012
- Jharkhand by-poll Tuesday amid tight security - Jun 11, 2012
- Jharkhand's ruling alliance to face each other in Hatia by-poll - May 23, 2012
- Whom to support for Hatia by-poll? JMM to decide May 28 - May 26, 2012
- 42 percent polling in Jharkhand by-poll (Lead) - Jun 12, 2012
- Dhoni casts vote in Jharkhand by-poll - Jun 12, 2012
- Voting under way in Hatia bypoll in Jharkhand - Jun 12, 2012
- Petrol hike hits Congress in Hatia - May 24, 2012
- Assembly recount after two years! - Dec 18, 2011
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP - Jun 06, 2012
- Jharkhand's Rajya Sabha poll could leave Munda shaky - May 01, 2012
- Denied bypoll ticket, Jharkhand Congress leader joins BJP (Lead) - Jun 06, 2012
- BJP backtracks, votes for JMM candidate - Mar 30, 2012
- Jharkhand Rajya Sabha poll underway, JVM-P stays away - May 03, 2012
- Over 60 percent polling in Mandu bypoll - Nov 30, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,