Ajay Maken, J.P. Agarwal win in DelhiMay 16th, 2009 - 7:11 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 16 (IANS) Congress candidates Ajay Maken and J.P. Agarwal Saturday won from the New Delhi and northeast Delhi Lok Sabha constituencies, respectively.
Maken, union minister of state for Urban Development, defeated his rival Vijay Goel of Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) by 187,629 votes in New Delhi constituency.
Delhi Congress chief Agarwal defeated BJP candidate B.L. Sharma Prem by 222,243 votes.
- Congress sweeps Delhi, wins seven seats - May 16, 2009
- Key contests in fourth phase of polls - May 06, 2009
- 53 percent of Delhi votes, Congress exudes confidence (Delhi Roundup) - May 07, 2009
- BJP candidate faces hitch in voting, cries foul - May 07, 2009
- Maken's comment on Kalmadi misleading, says BJP - Aug 03, 2011
- Congress leads in six of seven seats in Delhi - May 16, 2009
- Civic elections: Delhi poll panel hopes for high turnout - Apr 09, 2012
- Karat votes 'according to party decision' - May 07, 2009
- MCD campaign: BJP banks on stars, Congress on ministers - Apr 07, 2012
- Congress sweeps Delhi 7-0 on development plank (Third Lead) - May 16, 2009
- Changed boundaries add uncertainty to polls in Delhi (With Image) - Apr 24, 2009
- On D-Day, candidates make beeline for temples - May 07, 2009
- Congress wins two bypolls, BJP drubbed in Karnataka (Roundup) - Dec 04, 2011
- Congress wins two seats in Delhi, Sheila Dikshit jubilant (Second Lead) - May 16, 2009
- New mayor for south Delhi civic agency - May 02, 2012
Tags: ajay maken, bjp, congress candidates, congress chief, constituency, delhi congress, goel, janata party, lok sabha constituencies, minister of state, New Delhi, prem, union minister, urban development