Ajay Makan, Vijender Gupta and Jagdish Mukhi file nominationsApril 17th, 2009 - 11:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 17 (IANS) Political heavyweights from Delhi such as Congress candidate from New Delhi constituency Ajay Makan, Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) candidate Vijender Gupta and former Delhi minister Jagdish Mukhi filed their nominations Friday for the Lok Sabha polls.
Accompanied by Delhi Chief Minister Sheila Dikshit, Ajay Makan filed the nomination papers. He declared deposits in banks and financial institutions worth Rs.31,75,522 in his name and Rs.11,99,678 in the name of his wife Radhika Makan, Rs.27,08,784 in name of elder daughter Aarushi Makan, Rs.29,03,107 in the name of younger daughter Ahana Makan and Rs.10,90,123 in name of youngest son Aujaswi Makan.
Ajay Makan has bonds and debentures worth Rs.31,02,375 and while his wife has Rs.74,500 worth of bonds and debentures. He has other investments of Rs.851,104 while his wife’s other investment’s are worth Rs.400,000.
Ajay Makan owns a Maruti Grand Vitara car worth Rs.10,79,509 and his wife owns a Maruti Swift worth Rs.636,000.
Under immovable assets, the union minister of state for urban development, owns a house in Rajouri Garden worth Rs.66,21,400, agricultural land in village Nangli Sakrawati worth Rs.19,99,900, non-agricultural land in Bawana industrial area worth Rs.10.75 lakh (approximately) and in Bahadurgarh (Haryana) worth Rs.27,46,000. His wife owns agricultural land in Loni (Ghaziabad) worth Rs.23,00,000.
A case is pending against him for participating in peaceful demonstration (at Kalghta, Dhar district) against the state government of Madhya Pradesh.
The MCD standing committee chairman and BJP candidate from Chandni Chowk constituency, Vijender Gupta declared his assets of about Rs.6 crore (Rs.60 million).
As per the affidavit, Gupta does not own a car, while his wife owns two sedans.
He has a non-agricultural plot worth Rs.1.50 crore in Sonepat apart from commercial and residential properties in Rohini while his wife owns a property worth Rs.2 crore in Noida.
Former Delhi minister and four-time legislator Jagdish Mukhi, the BJP candidate for the West Delhi seat, owns assets worth around Rs.2.32 crore.
Mukhi, however, has a liability of Rs.42.25 lakh against his name while his spouse also has availed a loan of Rs.48.20 lakh, according to the affidavit.
The former Delhi finance, planning and higher education minister has bank deposits and investments worth Rs.77,69,161 while his cash-in-hand amounts to Rs.20,760. His wife has Rs.61.83 lakh as bank balance and deposits, besides Rs.48,034 as cash-in-hand and bonds and debentures worth Rs.10,49,305.
However, he and his wife own no motor vehicles. Assets worth Rs.30 lakh have been registered in his son Atul Yadav’s name.
Mukhi has a defacement charge pending against him.
- Trinamool's Amit Mitra, wife worth Rs.7 crore - Apr 07, 2011
- Prime Minister's key ministers and their assets - Sep 03, 2011
- TDP's Ramesh to join Andhra rich MPs list - Mar 20, 2012
- Buddhadeb has no house, vehicle, just Rs.5,000 cash - Apr 05, 2011
- Pranab's son, daughter-in-law own assets worth Rs.5 crore - Apr 06, 2011
- PM's assets around Rs.10.73 crore - Sep 09, 2012
- Akhilesh leads by example, declares assets - Mar 28, 2012
- Indian ministers grow richer with average assets of Rs.10 crore - Sep 15, 2011
- Nitish, Bihar ministers declare assets - Jan 03, 2012
- 10 crorepatis in Mamata's ministry - May 27, 2011
- Madhya Pradesh peon worth Rs.12 crore - Dec 08, 2011
- BSP's Satish Misra is worth Rs. 25 crore - Jun 04, 2010
- Arrested tax official has assets worth crores - Sep 07, 2011
- Top Punjab leaders are worth Rs.250 crore (Lead) - Jan 12, 2012
- Karunanidhi, wives declare Rs.43 crore assets; Jayalalithaa's are Rs.64 crore - Mar 24, 2011
Tags: agricultural land, ajay, congress candidate, debentures, dhar district, elder daughter, government of madhya pradesh, jagdish, janata party, Lok Sabha, makan, nomination papers, own a car, peaceful demonstration, political heavyweights, rohini, sheila dikshit, sonepat, vitara car, younger daughter