Agra mayor makes movie debut with ‘Democracy’March 29th, 2011 - 2:36 pm ICT by IANS
Agra, March 29 (IANS) The Taj city’s mayor, Anjula Singh Mahaur, is making her movie debut with “Democracy”, a story about politicians.
A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader, Mahaur, who earlier acted in television serials, is involved in the movie script too.
Her long-term ambition, she says, is to promote Agra as a filmmaking destination.
“(Acting) has been my passion. I am thoroughly enjoying the exercise,” Mahaur told IANS.
“One of my dreams is to make a film to promote my party’s values, a film that would appeal to the youth.”
“Democracy”, a satire on Indian politics, is directed by Babloo Sheshadri. Shot in Agra, it will see Mahaur as Shanti Devi, president of Mahila Morcha.
Divisional Commissioner Amrit Abhijat gave the clap for the opening shot at the Agra College.
A number of corporators are also acting as members of the Samaj Sudhar Party. Manoj Joshi will feature as a corrupt politician.
The film launches cricketer Sandeep Patil’s son Chirag.
- Agra mayor quits BJP, joins SP - Jan 20, 2012
- Most expensive coin on Taj to be released in Paris - Nov 14, 2010
- Now Agra has its own anthem - Mar 21, 2012
- Agra mayor in soup for Sanjana Jon show - Oct 29, 2009
- Cattle fair near Agra to woo tourists - Oct 05, 2011
- Wah Taj! Unique project on monument to be launched soon - Mar 21, 2012
- Agra battles water crisis as Yamuna is highly polluted - Jan 17, 2011
- Protests in Agra against Queen's baton - Sep 19, 2010
- Elaborate security for Agra municipal polls - Jun 27, 2012
- Rahul Gandhi enjoys junior Paswan's Hindi film - Nov 07, 2011
- Traffic jams: Nightmare on Agra streets - Feb 15, 2011
- Taj City mayor to walk ramp with Salman, Sushmita - Oct 21, 2009
- Berlusconi aide to act in porn movie - Aug 20, 2012
- Agra administration debuts on Facebook - Jan 12, 2011
- Agra schools close for two days as mercury dips - Jan 03, 2011
Tags: agra, anjula, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, chirag, clap, corrupt politician, cricketer, debut, democracy, divisional commissioner, indian politics, manoj joshi, movie script, politicians, samaj, sandeep patil, satire, television serials, term ambition