After Sukhoi, President Patil to ride a golf cartJanuary 3rd, 2011 - 4:35 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, Jan 3 (IANS) After making history by flying in a frontline Sukhoi fighter jet a couple of years ago, President Pratibha Patil will hop on to a rather modest machine on her way to a beach here Tuesday - a golf cart. Patil, who landed in Goa Monday on a four-day private visit to the state, will be riding the buggy or a small shuttle cart, from the Taj Exotica Hotel located in south Goa to the secluded Benaulim beach adjoining the five-star property.
“The president will be having her brunch on Tuesday at the Taj Exotica around 11 a.m. and will be riding the buggy to the Benaulim, where she will spend a few minutes,” a senior officer attached to the state protocol department told IANS Monday.
Patil is being hosted at Raj Bhavan, located on the outskirts of Panaji, nearly 45 km from the Benaulim beach.
The beach sees relatively fewer tourists as compared to other beaches like Colva and Betalbatim, which are also in the vicinity.
Patil is being accompanied by her husband Devi Singh Shekhawat, daughter Jyoti Rathore and grand-daughter Vedika Rathore. Patil is expected to head back to Pune from Goa Jan 6.
In November 2009, Patil had flown in the Sukhoi-30 MKI fighter jet at the Lahegaon air force base in Pune.
- President's Goa visit was official, not private: RTI documents - Apr 23, 2011
- Patil first Indian president to ride battle tank - Dec 05, 2011
- Man twice attempts suicide in Goa, arrested - Jul 19, 2012
- 7 sailors rescued off Goa beach - Jul 28, 2012
- Facelift of two popular Goa beaches to cost Rs.10 crore - Mar 22, 2012
- Pratibha Patil first woman president to fly fighter jet - Nov 25, 2009
- Indian Air Force open to Dhoni flying Sukhoi-30MKI - Apr 04, 2011
- Erosion threatens Goa's beaches, says minister - Aug 01, 2012
- Tendulkar, Dhoni to fly in Sukhoi combat jets - Jun 30, 2011
- Patil's presidency smooth but lacklustre - Jul 24, 2012
- Fresh tar balls sweep across Goa beaches - Sep 17, 2010
- President to fly in Sukhoi Nov 25 - Nov 10, 2009
- Three tourists injured in Goa hotel accident - Jul 06, 2012
- 3 Russians saved from drowning off Goa beach - Sep 10, 2012
- Crash-hit Sukhois get Indian Air Force chief's thumbs up - Dec 21, 2011
Tags: beaches, betalbatim, brunch, buggy, few minutes, frontline, golf cart, grand daughter, outskirts, president pratibha patil, private visit, rathore, shekhawat, shuttle, south goa, star property, sukhoi 30 mki, sukhoi fighter jet, taj exotica hotel, vicinity