After Congress, Left accuses Trinamool of double standards on FDISeptember 20th, 2012 - 9:07 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, Sep 20 (IANS) Accusing Trinamool Congress of double standards on the issue of retail FDI, West Bengal Left Front chairman Biman Bose Thursday said the Mamata Banerjee-led party had argued in favour of the measure during last year’s assembly polls .
“They are now opposing retail FDI… but during the 2011 assembly polls they argued in favour of retail FDI in their election manifesto. They have clearly stated that they want FDI in retail. So what they are saying now and what they have said earlier is synonymous,” said Bose.
Earlier, Congress’ state unit too cited Trinamool’s manifesto to note that the Mamata Banerjee party had sought retail FDI.
“The Trinamool in its election manifesto during the 2011 elections asked for FDI in the state. Now they are opposing it,” state Congress president Pradip Bhattacharjee.
Miffed over the twin “anti-people decisions” of diesel price hike and FDI in retail, Trinamool Congress supremo and West Bengal Chief Minister Banerjee Tuesday announced that her party was withdrawing support to the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) government.
Bose demanded that the state government slash taxes on diesel prices to provide relief to the common man.
“In 2010, when Left Front was in power, we had reduced state tax on oil prices to provide relief to the masses. So why is the state government saying they can’t do anything? They should also slash the state-level taxes. They used to demand the same thing when they were in the opposition,” said Bose.
- Trinamool had asked for FDI in its manifesto, says Congress - Sep 20, 2012
- Congress should seek people's verdict on FDI: Mamata - Sep 20, 2012
- Trinamool's pull-out vindicates our strike call: Left - Sep 19, 2012
- Trinamool to continue opposition to reform legislations - Jul 20, 2012
- Mamata Banerjee opposes FDI in retail, insurance and aviation - Aug 23, 2012
- Trinamool to oppose UPA's anti-people policies in parliament - Feb 29, 2012
- Mamata wants Hong Kong style 'financial district' in Goa - Feb 06, 2012
- Mamata for debate on coal issue - Aug 23, 2012
- Will keep fighting against anti-people policies, Mamata thunders - Sep 21, 2012
- Mamata lashes out at Congress, takes a dig at PM (Lead) - Jan 30, 2012
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,