Advani visits RSS headquartersJune 19th, 2008 - 8:03 pm ICT by IANS
Nagpur, June 19 (IANS) Senior Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani visited the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh headquarters here Thursday and had a brief interaction with RSS general secretary Mohan Bhagwat and other office bearers. On a visit to the city to attend a public function, Advani drove straight to the RSS office after flying in from Delhi and was closeted with Bhagwat.
The BJP’s prime ministerial candidate, who was earlier scheduled to address a meeting of party MPs, legislators and other functionaries during the day, cancelled the programme in view of pressing engagements in Delhi, attending only a book release function here.
This was Advani’s second visit to the city and the Sangh headquarters in two months - last time he was here May 3 to attend a paddy growers’ rally organized by the party in Bhandara district nearby and had stayed overnight to visit the RSS office.
He had a long talk then with the organisation top brass besides a leisurely lunch.
Bhagwat had then told IANS that the former deputy prime minister was keen to visit the Sangh Karyalay after a long gap and took the opportunity to discuss issues of national importance including the functioning of RSS, its affiliates and the general elections due next year.
What transpired in Thursday’s meeting could not be immediately known.
- Party will decide PM candidate: Advani - Oct 10, 2011
- Advani hints he may not be PM candidate in 2014 - Sep 21, 2011
- Advani is emotive as Rajnath calls him PM material (Lead) - Nov 08, 2011
- RSS, BJP deny differences on Advani yatra - Sep 21, 2011
- Double whammy for Karnataka BJP, from Advani and RSS (Lead) - Oct 22, 2011
- Modi needs to review style of working: RSS mouthpiece (Lead) - Jun 03, 2012
- Linking RSS to terror is ridiculous, says Gadkari - Jan 11, 2011
- RSS chief Bhagwat to visit Gujarat next week - Sep 01, 2009
- RSS justifies chief's statement on prime ministerial candidate (Lead) - Jun 20, 2012
- BJP: A divided house despite patch-up moves - May 26, 2012
- RSS chief to address 20,000 swayamsevaks in Bihar - Dec 24, 2009
- Uma Bharti could return to BJP next week - Apr 21, 2011
- RSS played no role in Jaswant's expulsion: Bhagwat (Lead) - Aug 21, 2009
- RSS backs Narendra Modi as prime ministerial candidate - Jun 20, 2012
- RSS chief Bhagwat says Advani, Rajnath will decide role in BJP - Aug 31, 2009
Tags: bhagwat, bharatiya janata party, deputy prime minister, engagements, gap, general elections, general secretary, interaction, l k advbjp leader, last time, legislators, leisurely lunch, long gap, mohan, prime ministerial candidate, rashtriya swayamsevak sangh, top brass