Advani, Sushma to skip party rally in MumbaiMay 25th, 2012 - 6:52 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 25 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders L.K. Advani and Sushma Swaraj will not attend the key party rally in Mumbai Friday evening due to prior engagements, party leaders said, denying that their absence was due to any discontent.
“Advani’s schedule was fixed earlier so he won’t be there and Sushma Swaraj has to attend a programme in Ghaziabad tomorrow (Saturday) morning,” said party spokesperson Nirmala Sitharaman.
Asked if both the leaders have decided not to attend the rally as they are unhappy over the working of the party, Sitharaman said: “There has been no discontent over the party resolution and he (Advani) is fully with us… it (any discontent) is all in the minds of the people.”
Sushma Swaraj also denied speculation that there was a rift among party leaders.
“I respect and honour all decisions of the party. Please do not draw any other conclusions.”
“I must reach Delhi tonight (Friday night) because I have to leave early morning for an important function in UP tomorrow (Saturday). I cannot attend tomorrow’s (Saturday) functions unless I take an early flight to Delhi,” she posted on micro-blogging site Twitter.
- Advani, Sushma's absence at rally pre-decided, no rift: BJP (Lead) - May 25, 2012
- Opposition insists on FDI rollback ahead of all-party meet (Roundup) - Dec 06, 2011
- Finally, Advani-Gadkari feud out in the open (Third Lead) - Jun 01, 2012
- Obama meeting with BJP leaders yet to be finalised - Nov 01, 2010
- See Munde's remark on OBC quota in context, says BJP - Apr 11, 2010
- Advani's Jan Chetna yatra concludes Sunday at Ramlila Maidan - Nov 19, 2011
- Chidambaram's CVC remarks vindicates party stand: BJP - Feb 01, 2011
- Advani shocker: People upset with BJP too (Second Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Bitter Yeddyurappa mocks BJP leadership - May 19, 2012
- Advani's 40-day yatra reaches Delhi - Nov 20, 2011
- Revolt within, but BJP defends Kushwaha induction - Jan 06, 2012
- 'No black money abroad', BJP MPs to declare Friday - Dec 08, 2011
- Sushma blames wrong UPA policies for price rise - Nov 20, 2011
- Modi to be key speaker at BJP convention - Jun 03, 2010
- Advani sting: People upset with BJP too (Lead) - May 31, 2012
Tags: absence, blogging, conclusions, decisions, discontent, engagements, friday evening, friday night, honour, l k advani, party leaders, party rally, party resolution, party spokesperson, saturday morning, speculation, sushma swaraj