Advani skips BJP core committee meetingJune 13th, 2012 - 7:33 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, June 13 (IANS) Senior BJP leader L.K. Advani will not be present at the party’s core committee meeting Wednesday evening which is likely to take up a number of issues, including the upcoming presidential election, party leaders said.
The meeting is scheduled to be held at party president Nitin Gadkari’s residence here at 6 p.m.
Advani, who has had differences with Gadkari, has left for Tamil Nadu for a “pre-scheduled” programme, a BJP leader said.
“Advani’s visit to Tamil Nadu was pre-scheduled. He is there for a meeting related to the Kudankulam Nuclear Power Project (KNPP),” the leader told IANS.
The BJP’s next course of action for the upcoming presidential poll and the proposed nationwide agitation on the issue of rising prices are on the agenda of the core committee’s meeting.
The presidential election will be held on July 19. The last date for filing nominations for the post is June 30.
- President's poll: BJP core committee to meet Monday - Jun 18, 2012
- NDA to decide presidential nominee Sunday - Jun 16, 2012
- BJP core group to meet today, allies divided over presidency (Lead) - Jun 16, 2012
- President's poll: BJP core committee to meet Monday (Lead) - Jun 18, 2012
- Gowda to meet Advani, Gadkari in Delhi - Jul 07, 2012
- BJP: A divided house despite patch-up moves - May 26, 2012
- NDA fails to decide on presidential poll (Lead) - Jun 17, 2012
- Shettar to be Karnataka chief minister (Lead) - Jul 07, 2012
- BJP core group likely to meet today - Jun 16, 2012
- Sangma meets Advani, seeks support for presidential poll - Jun 08, 2012
- BJP to campaign for Sangma - Jun 28, 2012
- Sangma files nomination, says it's victory of tribal unity - Jun 28, 2012
- Indefinite fast against Kudankulam N-plant resumes - May 01, 2012
- Advani, Jayalalithaa to 'coordinate' on presidential polls - Jun 14, 2012
- Presidential polls: BJP woos Jayalalithaa, NDA to meet Friday (Third Lead) - Jun 14, 2012
Tags: bjp leader, committee meeting, core committee, election party, l k advani, last date, nationwide agitation, New Delhi, nitin, nuclear power project, party leaders, party president, presidential election, presidential poll, wednesday evening