Advani declares assets worth Rs.3.55 crore, has no vehicleApril 8th, 2009 - 7:15 pm ICT by IANS
Gandhinagar, April 8 (IANS) The Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) prime ministerial candidate L.K. Advani has assets worth Rs.3.55 crore (Rs.35.5 million) but does not own a vehicle, according to his affidavit submitted with his nomination papers for the Gandhinagar Lok Sabha seat Wednesday.
Advani has immovable property worth Rs.2.35 crore, jewellery worth Rs.16 lakh, Rs 67.56 lakh in bank deposits, Rs.36.56 lakh in bank deposits in wife Kamla Advani’s name and Rs.20,000 in cash.
The senior BJP leader was accompanied by his wife and daughter Pratibha, Gujarat Chief Minister Narendra Modi and state BJP president Purshottam Rupala as he went to the Gandhinagar district collectorate to file his nomination.
A huge procession followed Advani as he left the newly inaugurated BJP office in the city, not far from the state secretariat, to file his nomination.
Advani filed his nomination papers at 12.39 p.m., considered an auspicious time.
Tight security arrangements at the district collector’s office prevented many media persons from getting inside the premises. They were later allowed to enter and meet Advani and his Congress rival, Suresh Patel.
Advani has successfully contested from this constituency since 1991, except in 1996 when he chose not to contest the poll.
- Karunanidhi, wives declare Rs.43 crore assets; Jayalalithaa's are Rs.64 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Vijayakant files nomination, owns asset worth Rs.19.88 crore - Mar 24, 2011
- Stalin files nomination, owns assets worth over Rs.1 crore - Mar 21, 2011
- Mayawati added Rs.23.64 crore to her wealth in two years - Mar 13, 2012
- Trinamool's Amit Mitra, wife worth Rs.7 crore - Apr 07, 2011
- PM's assets around Rs.10.73 crore - Sep 09, 2012
- Akhilesh leads by example, declares assets - Mar 28, 2012
- 10 crorepatis in Mamata's ministry - May 27, 2011
- Cash-for-votes, 2G national shame: Advani - Nov 16, 2011
- Modi spends more time in Advani's constituency - Apr 03, 2009
- Not bought assets after becoming chief minister: Jayalalithaa - Sep 05, 2011
- Congress questions massive increase in Jagan's assets - Apr 16, 2011
- Buddhadeb has no house, vehicle, just Rs.5,000 cash - Apr 05, 2011
- Tamil Nadu Congress chief, wife file nominations for same seat - Mar 28, 2011
- Gujarat BJP chief suffers heart attck, hospitalised - Oct 26, 2009
Tags: auspicious time, bank deposits, bharatiya janata party, bjp leader, bjp president, crore, immovable property, l k advani, lakh, Lok Sabha, media persons, narendra modi, nomination papers, prime ministerial candidate, property worth rs, security arrangements, senior bjp, state secretariat, suresh patel, tight security