Advani assails Varun’s booking under NSAMarch 30th, 2009 - 8:11 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, March 30 (IANS) Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leader L.K. Advani Monday criticised the Uttar Pradesh government for booking party leader Varun Gandhi under the stringent National Security Act (NSA).
Addressing a public rally in Simdega district of Jharkhand, Advani said the BJP opposed the invocation of NSA against Gandhi.
“He has been booked under NSA for political reasons… to gain political mileage. It is a conspiracy and nothing else,” he said.
Advani also tried to woo the women voters, announcing that if voted to power, the National Democratic Alliance (NDA) would introduce the Ladli Laxmi Yojna in all the states. Under the scheme, which has been introduced by the BJP government in Madhya Pradesh, the state government buys saving certificates of Rs.6,000 each year for five consecutive years for every girl born in a family.
The girl gets Rs.2,000 after she completes the Class 5, another Rs.4,000 after she completes the Class 8, Rs.7,500 after she completes the Class 10, Rs.200 per month in her 11th standard and a lumpsum amount of Rs.118,000 after she enters the 12th standard or, alternatively, attains the age of 18.
The BJP leader also called for an end to “vote bank” politics in India, alleging that the government hesitates in taking decisions on many issues due to this very consideration. He also attacked the Congress for not carrying out the death penalty to parliament attack convict Afzal Guru.
Advani also addressed election rallies in Lohardaga and Dhanbad areas of the state.
- Advani's vision: Every girl a 'lakhpati' in India - Mar 17, 2009
- Aggressive Sonia spurs Congress, forces Advani to retract (Roundup) - Aug 08, 2012
- Congress, BJP in slanging match in Assam - Apr 06, 2011
- Advani meets family of seven that attempted suicide - Mar 21, 2009
- Advani, Rahul, Rajnath, Hema descend upon Punjab - Jan 25, 2012
- Advani still fighting trust vote in his mind: Congress - Aug 08, 2012
- Digvijay attacks Anna, BJP, Mayawati at one go - Oct 16, 2011
- It will be Rahul vs Modi in 2014: Beni Prasad Verma - Aug 20, 2012
- Mamata announces sops for Muslims - Jul 30, 2011
- Despite yatra, Advani is no Vajpayee (Comment) - Nov 26, 2011
- Advani plays down graft charges in Karnataka BJP - Oct 30, 2011
- Rahul works his charm but UP might be too tricky - Jan 21, 2012
- Agitated Sonia takes on Advani - Aug 08, 2012
- Dikshit announces job scheme for poor - Jul 31, 2012
- Government protecting corrupt ministers: Advani - Oct 03, 2011
Tags: bjp government, class 8, convict, dhanbad, election rallies, jharkhand, l k advani, madhya pradesh, national democratic alliance, national security act, nsa, party leader, political mileage, public rally, ranchi, rs 200, rs 6, uttar pradesh government, varun, women voters