Adarsh probe panel summons Deshmukh, ShindeMay 23rd, 2012 - 5:34 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, May 23 (IANS) The judicial panel probing the Adarsh Housing Society scam Wednesday summoned two former chief ministers of Maharashtra to appear before it next month.
While Vilasrao Deshmukh has been asked to appear before the panel June 21 and 22, Sushilkumar Shinde has been summoned June 25 and 26.
Another former chief minister, Ashok Chavan, who was asked to appear before the panel Wednesday, had sought an exemption.
Subsequently, the two-member panel, comprising of former Bombayy High Court Judge J.A. Patil and former Maharashtra chief secretary P. Subrahmanyam, reserved their ruling on Chavan’s absence.
After the scam broke, Chavan stepped down as the chief minister Nov 9, 2010.
In a report submitted to the Bombay High Court, the Central Bureau of Investigation, which also is probing the scam, has mentioned that three former chief ministers Shinde, Deshmukh and Chavan owned ‘benami’ (by proxy) flats in the Adarsh Society.
The Enforcement Directorate has registered a money laundering case against 14 people in the scam, including Chavan.
The judicial panel in its interim report had said the land on which the Adarsh Society stood belonged to the state government, contrary to the claims made by the defence ministry that it was a defence land.
- Adarsh panel questions Sushil Kumar Shinde - Jun 25, 2012
- Ashok Chavan agrees to appear before Adarsh panel - May 24, 2012
- Signed files on officials' advice, Deshmukh tells Adarsh panel - Jun 26, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Deshmukh blames former ministers - Jun 27, 2012
- Chavan grabbed over six flats in Adarsh: BJP secretary - Apr 25, 2012
- Adarsh Society land belongs to Maharashtra government: Shinde - May 26, 2011
- State owns Adarsh Society land, says judicial panel - Apr 17, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Ashok Chavan shifts blame on predecessor - Jun 30, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Chavan deposes before panel for second time - Jul 02, 2012
- Ashok Chavan seeks exemption from appearance before Adarsh panel - May 22, 2012
- Adarsh society plot belongs to government, says judicial panel (Lead) - Apr 17, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Shinde summoned as witness - May 02, 2011
- Adarsh probe: Two former chief ministers summoned - May 11, 2011
- Adarsh land belonged to state, not meant for war heroes: Minister (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Ex-army chief did not see Adarsh a security threat - Jul 20, 2012
Tags: ashok, benami, bombay high court, central bureau of investigation, chavan, chief minister, chief ministers, chief secretary, court judge, defence ministry, enforcement directorate, housing society, interim report, judicial panel, june 21, maharashtra chief, member panel, mumbai, state government, summons