Adarsh panel questions Sushil Kumar ShindeJune 25th, 2012 - 4:23 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 25 (IANS) Union Power Minister and former Maharashtra chief minister Sushil Kumar Shinde Monday appeared before a two-member judicial commission that is probing the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
The panel, comprising of former judge Justice J.A. Patil and former state chief secretary P. Subrahmanyam, questioned Shinde on whether he had cleared files related to the allotment of flats in the housing society.
The Central Bureau of Investigation, in its report to the Bombay High Court, has alleged that three former chief ministers - Shinde, Vilasrao Deshmukh and Ashok Chavan - own ‘benami’ flats in the society.
Shinde, who served as chief minister from 2001-03, will again appear before the panel on Tuesday.
The scam involves a prime plot in South Mumbai’s Colaba area on which a 31-storey building was constructed by the society. The plot was orignally earmarked for housing war widows and Kargil heroes.
- Adarsh scam: Deshmukh blames former ministers - Jun 27, 2012
- Ashok Chavan agrees to appear before Adarsh panel - May 24, 2012
- Adarsh probe panel summons Deshmukh, Shinde - May 23, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Chavan deposes before panel for second time - Jul 02, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Ashok Chavan shifts blame on predecessor - Jun 30, 2012
- Chavan grabbed over six flats in Adarsh: BJP secretary - Apr 25, 2012
- Signed files on officials' advice, Deshmukh tells Adarsh panel - Jun 26, 2012
- State owns Adarsh Society land, says judicial panel - Apr 17, 2012
- Adarsh Society land belongs to Maharashtra government: Shinde - May 26, 2011
- Adarsh society case: Interim probe report submitted - Apr 13, 2012
- Ex-army chief did not see Adarsh a security threat - Jul 20, 2012
- Adarsh Society probe interim report likely Friday - Apr 12, 2012
- Adarsh land belonged to state, not meant for war heroes: Minister (Lead) - May 26, 2011
- Adarsh society scam: Sonia Gandhi accepts Ashok Chavan's resignation - Nov 09, 2010
- Adarsh scam: Shinde summoned as witness - May 02, 2011
Tags: ashok, bombay high court, central bureau of investigation, chavan, chief ministers, chief secretary, colaba, housing society, judicial commission, kargil heroes, maharashtra chief minister, panel questions, power minister, prime plot, shinde, south mumbai, state chief, sushil kumar, vilasrao deshmukh, war widows