Adarsh missing papers probe handed over to CBIFebruary 17th, 2011 - 8:28 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, Feb 17 (IANS) The Bombay High Court Thursday ordered the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) to take over investigations into the missing documents of the controversial Adarsh Cooperative Housing Society.A division bench headed by Justice B.H. Marlapalle of the Bombay High Court, while transferring the case from the Mumbai police, also asked the CBI to file its progress report in the matter within three weeks.
The court also directed the CBI to amend its First Information Report to include provisions of the Benami Transactions (Prohibition) Act, 1988.
This followed the court’s observations that people like a retired driver or a conductor from remote places in the state could not afford to buy flats in south Mumbai and the properties in their names could be benami’ for somebody else.
The Benami Act forbids enforcement of any rights by the real owner to recover the held benami on his behalf.
The court orders came in petitions by activist Mahendra Singh and others demanding a CBI probe into the Adarsh Housing Society scam.
The Marine Drive Police Station lodged a case Nov 26 last year after a state government official registered a complaint saying a few crucial documents pertaining to the clearances granted to the Adarsh Society were found missing from the files.
- CBI asked to file report on Adarsh Society scam - Jun 22, 2011
- Custody extended for officials in missing Adarsh files case - May 16, 2011
- Two get bail in Adarsh scam - Jun 07, 2012
- Adarsh scam: Court questions inaction against erring officers - Dec 21, 2010
- Bombay High Court pulls up Maharashtra Govt. over Adarsh scam - Dec 21, 2010
- Bombay High Court satisfied with progress in Adarsh scam - Mar 16, 2011
- Pune land scam probe may be given to CBI, says court - Feb 08, 2011
- Ashok Chavan agrees to appear before Adarsh panel - May 24, 2012
- CBI on right track in Adarsh scam probe: High court - Mar 16, 2011
- High court orders CBI probe into Pune land scam - Feb 22, 2011
- Adarsh scam: Court grants relief to ED chief - Mar 05, 2012
- Missing documents in Adarsh case being traced: CBI - May 16, 2011
- Adarsh scam: CBI informs Bombay High Court about registration of FIR - Feb 01, 2011
- Deshmukh, Shinde being probed for Adarsh scam, says CBI - Jun 05, 2012
- Adarsh panel questions Sushil Kumar Shinde - Jun 25, 2012
Tags: activist, bombay high court, cbi probe, central bureau of investigation, conductor, cooperative housing, division bench, government official, housing society, information report, investigations, mumbai police, petitions, police station, progress report, prohibition act, provisions, south mumbai, state government