Action against those inviting Muthalik to Goa: CMJuly 18th, 2012 - 6:55 pm ICT by IANS
Panaji, July 18 (IANS) The Goa government would act sternly against “certain” people from Goa who were inviting Sri Ram Sene supremo Pramod Muthalik to set shop in Goa, the chief minister has warned.
Speaking during the monsoon session of the Goa legislative assembly, Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar said there was a plan being hatched by persons, yet unidentified, who were going out of the way to invite Muthalik to Goa in order to create chaos.
“I know some people are trying to call Muthalik to Goa. I am waiting to catch them and put them inside (jail). Their plan is to create chaos here by calling him,” said Parrikar, when the issue was raised by Independent legislator from Fatorda Vijai Sardessai.
A recent statement by Muthalik, claiming that he would be opening a branch of his Sri Ram Sene, an ultra rightwing outfit, in Goa had created a controversy in Goa. Parrikar in reaction to Muthalik’s statement said he would not “allow anyone to take law in his hands”.
Muthalik shot to fame after he attacked young women patronizing pubs in Mangalore, Karnataka, some years back, claiming that it was against Indian culture.
- Muthalik will be arrested if he enters Goa: Parrikar (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- Goa CM dismisses Sri Ram Sene chief as inconsequential - Jun 27, 2012
- No religion for purpose of statecraft: Parrikar - Jun 13, 2012
- Deal with Sri Rama Sene like a terror outfit, says Faleiro - Jun 25, 2012
- Black-faced Muthalik demands justice - Feb 12, 2010
- Ram Sene should be monitored: Congress - Jun 21, 2012
- Ram Sene chief Muthalik attacked in Bangalore - Feb 11, 2010
- Sri Ram Sene will not find any takers in Goa: Naik - Mar 17, 2009
- Muthalik's Sri Ram Sene banned in South Goa - Apr 04, 2009
- 'Rent-a-riot' Muthalik pays for his fanaticism (Letter from Bangalore) - May 21, 2010
- Muthaliks Sri Rama Sene to support Varun Gandhi - Mar 24, 2009
- Sri Ram Sene Chief Pramod Muthalik banned from Mangalore - Mar 16, 2009
- Goa government bans Sri Rama Sene - Mar 21, 2009
- Sri Rama Sene not banned in Goa: official - Apr 03, 2009
- Bhushan calls for ban on Sene - Oct 12, 2011
Tags: chaos, chief minister, controversy, goa cm, goa government, indian culture, legislative assembly, legislator, mangalore, manohar parrikar, monsoon session, pramod, pubs, sene, sri ram, vijai, young women