Act against lax Gurgaon poll officials, court tells copsSeptember 10th, 2012 - 11:15 pm ICT by IANS
Gurgaon, Sep 10 (IANS) The Punjab and Haryana High Court Monday ordered the Gurgaon police commissioner to take action against officials accused of fraud during the 2009 assembly elections, a petitioner said.
Justice Jitender Chauhan ordered the police chief to take legal action against nine officials, including returning officer of Gurgaon assembly seat within three weeks.
Then sub-divisional magistrate (SDM) Satendra Kumar Duhan was the returning officer of the Gurgaon assembly constituency during the Oct 13, 2009 elections.
According to petitioner, Umesh Aggarwal the presiding officer allowed voting by those whose names were removed from the rolls.
Aggarwal collected this information from the record submitted by returning officer in the high court.
“I moved several complaints including to commissioner of police but no action was taken,” Aggarwal told IANS.
“After that I filled a petition in the high court. We have also filed a separate election petition in the high court challenging the election,” he said.
The court asked the police commissioner to take appropriate legal action against accused and submit the action taken report, he said.
Agarwal contested the election as a Bharatiya Janata Party candidate against Sukhbir Kataria, an independent, who won.
Kataria, who supported the Congress in the assembly, was made a minister.
- Court summons Haryana minister on charges of poll fraud - Feb 10, 2012
- High court issues notice to Bukhari, ASI (Lead) - May 31, 2012
- Gurgaon villagers move court for return of land - Aug 02, 2011
- Kanda got clean chit in 2008 assault case - Aug 25, 2012
- Government: Press release issued by army (Lead) - May 07, 2012
- Delhi sex workers challenge eviction order in court - Jul 26, 2012
- Court grants police protection to couple - Sep 16, 2010
- Rosaiah exempted from personal appearance in Hyderabad court - Jun 29, 2012
- Court to rule on summoning of army chief May 5 - Apr 26, 2012
- Press release issued by army: Government to court - May 07, 2012
Tags: assembly elections, assembly seat, bharatiya janata party, commissioner of police, congress, constituency, cops, duhan, election petition, fraud, jitender, magistrate, party candidate, petitioner, police commissioner, presiding officer, punjab and haryana high court, returning officer, sukhbir, umesh