Achuthanandan will not resign: VijayanFebruary 10th, 2009 - 2:09 pm ICT by IANS
Manjeri (Kerala), Feb 10 (IANS) Kerala Chief Minister V.S. Achuthanandan will not resign after a leadership meeting of the Communist Party of India-Marxist (CPI-M) called to discuss differences between him and party strongman Pinarayi Vijayan, Vijayan said Tuesday.
“VS will not resign and the government is running smoothly,” Vijayan told reporters here. The CPI-M politburo is set to meet Feb 14.
Vijayan was speaking at a yatra he has undertaken after being accused by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) of corruption in the award of a contract to a Canadian firm when he was the state’s power minister.
Ever since the CBI made the charge, Achuthanandan has decided not to take part in the yatra led by Vijayan.
While most CPI-M leaders have defended Vijayan, Achuthanandan has remained silent on the controversy. Achuthanandan and Vijayan are known rivals and head two factions of the party.
- CPI-M Kerala unit to meet to map its future - Feb 06, 2012
- Out of politburo, Achuthanandan is miffed - Apr 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan, Pinarayi tensions under scanner again (Letter from Kerala) - Oct 27, 2011
- Chennithala takes potshots at CPI-M - Jan 10, 2012
- Achuthanandan will remain opposition leader: CPI-M - Feb 10, 2012
- Achuthanandan seeks Vijayan's removal from CPI-M post - May 20, 2012
- Achuthanandan escapes with public censure - Jul 22, 2012
- Achuthanandan not in politburo, Buddhadeb in - Apr 09, 2012
- Pinarayi Vijayan re-elected to top Kerala CPI-M post - Feb 10, 2012
- Karat again elected CPI-M boss (Lead) - Apr 09, 2012
- Achuthanandan visits home of murdered Marxist - Jun 02, 2012
- Achuthanandan's candidature in state unit's hands - Mar 05, 2011
- Achuthanandan versus Vijayan - and CPI-M? (Kerala Newsletter) - May 13, 2012
- Vijayan denies complaining against Achuthanandan - Aug 13, 2011
- Crucial five day Kerala CPI-M party meeting starts Sunday - Jun 16, 2012
Tags: cbi, central bureau of investigation, communist party of india, communist party of india marxist, controversy, corruption, CPI, factions, feb 14, kerala chief minister, leadership, manjeri, politburo, power minister, rivals, strongman, v s achuthanandan, yatra