Abducted Saudi diplomat in Yemen makes fresh appealJuly 2nd, 2012 - 11:55 pm ICT by IANS
Sana’a, July 2 (IANS) A Saudi diplomat, kidnapped by Yemen-based Al Qaeda wing three months ago, has made a fresh appeal to the Saudi king to ensure his release in exchange for prisoners as demanded, Xinhua reported Monday.
Abdullah al-Khaledi, Saudi Arabia’s deputy consul in Yemen’s port city of Aden, was abducted by the Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula (AQAP) from outside his residential building March 28.
“I appeal to King Abdullah and Saudi Foreign Minister Prince Saud al-Faisal to secure my release, and I ask them why they refuse to meet Al-Qaeda’s demand to free female prisoners in return for my release,” Xinhua quoted Al-Khaledi as saying in a three-minute video.
“My fate is tied to these jailed women, so release those jailed women and Al Qaeda will set me free … I repeat, do not leave me to my unknown fate,” he added.
In April, the terrorist group had demanded the release of militants in Saudi prisons in exchange for releasing Al-Khaledi.
Meanwhile, Saudi Arabia reopened its mission in Sana’a that had been closed since the kidnapping.
- Abducted Saudi diplomat asks king to meet Al Qaeda demands - May 26, 2012
- Italian embassy staffer kidnapped in Yemen - Jul 30, 2012
- Yemen to get over $3 billion Saudi Arabian aid - May 24, 2012
- Al Qaeda leaders killed in Yemen air strike - May 07, 2012
- Al Qaeda providing free electricity in Yemen - May 03, 2012
- Five Al Qaeda terrorists escape from Yemen jail - Jun 27, 2012
- Drones kill 10 Al Qaeda militants in Yemen - Jun 13, 2012
- Al Qaeda kills six cops in Yemen - May 14, 2011
- Al Qaeda threatens to topple Saudi government - Aug 11, 2010
- 21 Al Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula militants killed in Yemen - Jun 11, 2011
- Bulgarian envoy to Yemen escapes abduction attempt - May 14, 2012
- Hadi elected as Yemen's new president - Feb 25, 2012
- Al Qaeda abducts Yemeni intelligence officer - Mar 22, 2012
- Swiss woman abducted in Yemen - Mar 16, 2012
- Outgoing Yemen president heads to US for medical treatment - Jan 23, 2012
Tags: abducted, al qaeda, al qaeda in the arabian peninsula, city of aden, consul, fate, female prisoners, foreign minister, khaledi, king abdullah, militants, prince saud, prisons, residential building, saudi arabia, saudi diplomat, saudi king, terrorist group, xinhua, yemen