A third CD ’shows’ BJP behind cash-for-vote scamAugust 4th, 2008 - 4:45 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 4 (IANS) In yet another twist to the cash-for-votes scam, three allies of the ruling Congress Monday released a fresh CD showing that the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) had ’stage-managed’ the episode for political gains during the July 22 trust vote. Alleging that the main opposition BJP had stage-managed the entire episode for political gains, Samajwadi Party leader Mulayam Singh Yadav said: “All the claims of BJP leaders have been proved wrong.”
Mulayam Singh, who held a press conference with Rashtriya Janata Dal leader Lalu Prasad and Lok Janshakti Party (LJP) leader Ram Vilas Paswan here, said there were loopholes in the BJP’s claim that its MPs were bribed.
“When some people visited the BJP MP’s house to deliver money why was it not handed over to police. Fingerprinting tests could have led to some evidence,” he said.
Three BJP MPs - Ashok Argal, Faggan Singh Kulaste and Mahavir Bhagora - stunned the nation by brandishing wads of currency notes in the Lok Sabha during a debate on a trust motion moved by Prime Minister Manmohan Singh.
The opposition alleges that Samajwadi Party’s Amar Singh and Congress chief Sonia Gandhi’s political adviser Ahmed Patel had offered the BJP members bribe of Rs.30 million each to abstain from the voting.
Mulayam Singh said that the entire incident was “cooked up”.
The CNN-IBN television channel had done a “sting operation” on the alleged bribing. But the channel has not aired the episode of how the bribe money exchanged hands.
The second CD, which reportedly turned out to be a bogus one was presented by former Madhya Pradesh chief minister Uma Bharti, who also claimed that BJP had stage-managed the entire episode.
- Cash-for-vote: Cops furnish CD transcripts to accused - May 26, 2012
- Cash-for-vote: Non-bailable warrant against Hindustani - Aug 14, 2012
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, two BJP former MPs walk out of Tihar - Nov 17, 2011
- Ahmed Patel was mastermind behind cash-for-vote scam: Gadkari - Nov 18, 2011
- Whistleblowers should be protected: Advani - Sep 17, 2011
- Court pulls up cash-for-vote accused for wearing sunglasses - May 28, 2012
- Cash-for-votes: Kulkarni, four others walk out of Tihar (Lead) - Nov 17, 2011
- Amar singh's bail plea rejected, to remain in AIIMS - Sep 28, 2011
- Working on cash-for-votes money trail, cops tell court - May 10, 2012
- Cash-for-votes: BJP feliciates Kulkarni, other accused - Nov 19, 2011
- Expose beneficiaries of cash-for-vote: Kulkarni - Nov 18, 2011
- Police response sought on bail plea of Amar Singh's ex-aide (Lead) - Nov 09, 2011
- Amar Singh admitted to AIIMS - Sep 13, 2011
- Cash-for-votes: Government indeed tried to buy MPs, says BJP - Nov 17, 2011
- Cash-for-vote scam: Congress declines comment on allegations - Jul 20, 2011
Tags: amar singh, argal, bharatiya janata party, bjp leaders, bribe money, cnn ibn, congress chief, currency notes, Lok Sabha, mahavir, manmohan singh, political adviser, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, ram vilas paswan, sonia gandhi, sting operation, trust motion, trust vote, uma bharti