A slap on the face of Congress, TDP: JaganMay 13th, 2011 - 10:00 pm ICT by IANS
Hyderabad, May 13 (IANS) YSR Congress chief Y.S. Jaganmohan Reddy Friday said the results of Kadapa by-elections in Andhra Pradesh, where he won by a record margin, were a slap on the face of Congress and Telugu Desam Party (TDP).
Talking to reporters at Kadapa after a massive victory of his party in the Kadapa Lok Sabha and Pulivendula assembly by-polls, he termed it as beginning of the change.
The young leader retained Kadapa Lok Sabha seat with a massive majority of over five lakh votes while his mother Y.S. Vijayalaxmi won Pulivendula with a record margin of 85,000 votes.
Stating that he is trying his best to bring down the Congress government in the state, Jagan said he is unable to achieve this as the main opposition TDP has colluded with the Congress.
“Tell me what to do. We are trying to send out this government as early as possible and to bring smiles on the faces of people but the TDP has joined hands with Congress government,” said Jagan when asked about his recent statement that the government would fall in six months.
Jagan said Congress resorted to cheap politics in the by-elections and adopted double standards on his late father Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
“The people taught lesson to the two parties for making false allegations against the late leader,” he said.
He said TDP forgot all ethical values and the problems faced by people to join hands with Congress with the only aim of maligning his late father.
Jagan said YSR Congress party would hold two-day plenary July 9-10 to decide the party’s agenda.
- A bad day for Congress, says Andhra chief minister - May 13, 2011
- YSR's son, widow win by-elections by record margins (Third Lead) - May 13, 2011
- Jagan challenges Congress for snap poll - May 14, 2011
- Congress-YSR Congress face-off in Kadappa Sunday - May 07, 2011
- Campaigning ends for Kadapa by-elections - May 06, 2011
- About 70 percent voting in Andhra by-polls (Third Lead) - May 08, 2011
- YSR's widow, son head towards huge wins (Lead) - May 13, 2011
- YSR's widow retains Pulivendula, Jagan heads for huge win (Second Lead) - May 13, 2011
- YSR's son, widow lead in by-elections - May 13, 2011
- Jaganmohan files nomination for Kadapa Lok Sabha bypoll - Apr 15, 2011
- YSR Congress Party bags 8 assembly seats, leading in 7 (Second Lead) - Jun 15, 2012
- Over 65 percent voting in Andhra by-polls (Second Lead) - May 08, 2011
- Newly-elected legislators call on Jagan in jail - Jun 16, 2012
- YSR Congress elated over first win outside Kadapa - Mar 21, 2012
- Polling begins in Andhra by-polls - May 08, 2011
Tags: aim, congress chief, congress government, congress party, false allegations, hyderabad, jagan, kadapa, lakh, late leader, Lok Sabha, massive victory, plenary, record margin, slap, smiles, tdp, telugu desam party, young leader, ysr