A pity we were rejected, laments DigvijayMay 28th, 2012 - 7:44 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, May 28 (IANS) It is a pity the Uttar Pradesh voters rejected the Congress in assembly elections, party leader Digvijay Singh said Monday, while commenting on the bedlam in the state assembly.
Digvijay Singh said here that both the Samajwadi Party and the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) were two sides of the same coin, and both had failed to stop the criminalization of politics.
“We had appealed (in the elections) that an opportunity should be given to the Congress, and we would have controlled it (criminalization of politics). If people of UP want (other parties to rule), what can we do?” Singh said.
The Congress finished a poor fourth in the Uttar Pradesh elections which were won by the Samajwadi Party.
Commenting on the bedlam in the UP assembly, Bharatiya Janata Party MP Balbir Punj accused the BSP of not observing decorum. But he admitted that law and order in Uttar Pradesh had taken a turn for the worse.
“That is the ugly reality of Uttar Pradesh. It must act as a warning bell to the young chief minister,” Punj said.
- Digvijay evades question on alliances in UP - Mar 03, 2012
- Verma seeks post-poll ties with BSP, Congress terms it personal view (Lead) - Mar 04, 2012
- Adityanath sees a hung assembly in Uttar Pradesh - Feb 11, 2012
- Digvijay asks SP not to repeat goons' rule in UP - Mar 06, 2012
- Congress should tie up with BSP: Beni Prasad Verma - Mar 04, 2012
- Early elections not ruled out: Rajnath - Mar 17, 2012
- Congress readying first list of candidates for Uttar Pradesh - May 03, 2011
- Congress in quota controversy again (Lead) - Feb 16, 2012
- 31 percent of UP third-phase candidates have criminal cases - Feb 14, 2012
- Congress, BSP ignoring Muslims: Mulayam - Nov 16, 2011
- UP set for hung house, SP on top, BSP out (Third Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Mayawati crosses first hurdle, what next? (News Analysis) - Nov 22, 2011
- BJP on ventilator in Uttar Pradesh: Rahul Gandhi - Nov 25, 2011
- UP mandate a defeat for Rahul: Swaraj (Lead) - Mar 06, 2012
- Will assembly polls lead to early Lok Sabha ballot? - Jan 01, 2012
Tags: assembly elections, bahujan samaj party, bahujan samaj party bsp, balbir, bedlam, chief minister, criminalization of politics, decorum, digvijay singh, janata party, laments, law and order, New Delhi, party leader, punj, Samajwadi Party, state assembly, ugly reality, uttar pradesh elections, warning bell