A Congress minister threatened me, says Sanjay DuttApril 1st, 2009 - 10:28 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, April 1 (IANS) A day after the Supreme Court disallowed him from contesting elections because of his conviction in a criminal case, Bollywood star Sanjay Dutt Wednesday alleged that a senior Congress leader had threatened him if he did not join that party.
In an interview to television channel NDTV, Dutt said he had tapes of the conversation he had with the minister who threatened him that court cases would go against him if he did not join the Congress.
Refusing to identify the minister, Dutt said: “I did a sting operation on the minister.”
He added that he “wore a taping device to expose the minister”.
Dutt was given a ticket by the Samajwadi Party to contest the Lok Sabha elections from Lucknow, but will not be able to fight after the Supreme Court Tuesday refused to suspend his conviction for owning illegal arms in the run-up to the 1993 serial bombings in Mumbai.
- Sanjay Dutt says Congress minister threatened him (Lead) - Apr 01, 2009
- I will never return to politics: Sanjay Dutt - Jul 26, 2011
- I met Dawood Ibrahim once: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 15, 2012
- Not linked to 1993 Mumbai blasts, Sanjay Dutt tells SC - Aug 14, 2012
- Bangaru Laxman sentenced to four years' jail (Lead) - Apr 28, 2012
- Samajwadi Party appoints Sanjay Dutt as General Secretary - Apr 02, 2009
- Kerala minister loses party post - Jan 14, 2012
- Warrant issued for Sanjay Dutt's arrest - May 28, 2011
- Samajwadi Party names Sanjay Dutt its new general secretary (Lead) - Apr 02, 2009
- SC slams Punjab government for 'drama' in Rajoana case - Mar 29, 2012
- Former BJP chief Bangaru convicted for bribery, sentencing Saturday (Third Lead) - Apr 27, 2012
- I hope court case gets over soon: Sanjay Dutt - Aug 10, 2011
- Kerala minister's father threatens to oust him from party - Mar 27, 2012
- Supreme Court rejects plea against Sanjay Dutt - Jul 04, 2011
- Gilani's contempt brings judiciary to ridicule: Supreme Court - Apr 26, 2012
Tags: april 1, bombings, congress leader, conviction, court cases, criminal case, illegal arms, lok sabha elections, lucknow, ndtv, New Delhi, Samajwadi Party, sanjay dutt, sting operation, supreme court, television channel