478 voters, 510 votes in Chhattisgarh polling booth!November 22nd, 2008 - 11:19 am ICT by IANS
Raipur, Nov 22 (IANS) Four poll officials were suspended after 510 votes were cast in a polling booth with 478 registered voters in Chhattisgarh’s Raipur district during the second phase of the assembly elections, officials said Saturday.Polling booth number 176 in village Manikchauri in Abhanpur constituency recorded above 100 percent voting on Nov 20, the final phase of assembly elections in which 51 of the state’s 90 constituencies went to polls.
Official sources said all the four polling staff deployed at the booth were suspended and the district election officer recommended re-polling.
Chhattisgarh Congress president Dhanendra Sahu, who is a sitting legislator from the seat, is locked in a fight with the ruling Bharatiya Janata Party’s (BJP) candidate and former Lok Sabha MP Chandrasekhar Sahu. Manikchauri is Chandrasekhar Sahu’s ancestral village.
- Chhattisgarh ministers violated poll code: Congress - Jan 22, 2011
- Re-polling ends in Tamil Nadu - Apr 16, 2011
- Re-poll ordered in two Bengal polling stations - Apr 19, 2011
- 65-70 percent turnout in Chhattisgarh by-poll (Second Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- 54 percent turnout in Bihar first phase: EC - Oct 21, 2010
- EC orders re-poll on seven booths in Tamil Nadu, two in Kerala - Apr 14, 2011
- Re-poll ordered in five Tamil Nadu constituencies - Apr 14, 2011
- Kerala re-poll ends, police guard voting machines - Apr 16, 2011
- 30 percent polling in Chhattisgarh by-election (Lead) - Feb 14, 2011
- Goa skips siesta to vote, turnout over 80 percent (Night Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- 35,000 poll security personnel deployed in Assam - Mar 31, 2011
- Voting begins in Uttarakhand - Jan 30, 2012
- Polling underway for Chhattisgarh assembly seat - Feb 14, 2011
- Nearly 70 percent polling in Chhattisgarh assembly by-poll (Lead) - Oct 01, 2010
- Campaigning for third phase of Bihar Assembly polls ends today - Oct 26, 2010