43-member Mamata ministry to be sworn-in FridayMay 19th, 2011 - 9:44 pm ICT by IANS
Kolkata, May 19 (IANS) With the Congress deciding to join the new West Bengal ministry, Mamata Banerjee will be sworn-in Friday at the head of a 43-member ministerial team that includes several giant killers and representatives from various sections of the society.
As many as 36 of the ministers will be from Trinamool, and seven from the Congress, according to official sources.
Among the Trinamool ministers are leader of opposition in the previous assembly Partha Chatterjee, former FICCI general secretary and renowned economist Amit Mitra and former minister and Kolkata mayor Subrata Mukherjee, who served in the Siddhartha Shankar Ray-led Congress ministry between 1972 and 1977.
State Trinamool president Subrata Buxi, Singur legislator Rabindranath Bhattacharya, theatre personality Bratya Basu also figure in the ministry that also includes former Central Bureau of Investigation joint director Upen Biswas and Indian Police Service officer H.A. Sawfi.
Several lawmakers from the minority community, including Firhad Hakim, Javed Khan, Nure Alam Chowdhury and Abdul Karim Chowdhury are in the list that includes represenatatives from most of the districts.
Manjul Krishna Thakur, son of the “baroma” or leader of the All India Matua Mahasangha - a sect of the Scheduled Castes and Other Backward Classes, mainly comprising immigrants from Bangladesh - is also to be sworn in as a member of the council of ministers.
Educationist Rabiranjan Chattopadhayay, who accounted for outgoing Industries Minister Nirpuam Sen at Burdwan South constituency, is also included in the list that was handed over to Governor M.K. Narayanan by the Trinamool Congress Thursday.
- Mamata to be sworn in as West Bengal chief minister Friday (Roundup) - May 20, 2011
- Mamata takes over Bengal reins, walks history road (Roundup) - May 20, 2011
- Mamata takes over Bengal reins, walks history road (Intro Roundup) - May 21, 2011
- Portfolios of West Bengal council of ministers - May 21, 2011
- Trinamool workers canvass door-to-door for 'Didi' - Sep 11, 2011
- A crore votes at stake, Trinamool, CPI-M, Congress, BJP share dais - Dec 28, 2010
- Trinamool stakes claim, Mamata elected legislature party leader (Roundup) - May 16, 2011
- 10 crorepatis in Mamata's ministry - May 27, 2011
- A couple of ministers not cooperating, says Mamata - Dec 15, 2011
- Polling underway for second phase of West Bengal elections - Apr 23, 2011
- Mamata inducts five Congress ministers - Jun 03, 2011
- Mamata inducts two new ministers - Jan 16, 2012
- W. Bengal polls: 16 per cent votes cast in first two hours - Apr 23, 2011
- 53 percent polling in West Bengal till 2 p.m. - Apr 23, 2011
- Over 85 percent turnout in second phase of West Bengal assembly polls - Apr 23, 2011
Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,