34,000 Syrian refugees reach Lebanon: UNJuly 29th, 2012 - 7:13 am ICT by IANS
Beirut, July 29 (IANS) Nearly 34,000 Syrian refugees have arrived in Lebanon, after fleeing the clashes in their country, the UN agency for refugees said.
“There are currently nearly 34,000 Syrian refugees receiving aid in Lebanon through the efforts exerted by the Lebanese cabinet and its UN and non-governmental organization partners,” Xinhua quoted a statement from the office of the UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) as saying.
According to the statement, 31,596 Syrians have been registered with the UNHCR.
- Over 30,000 Syrian refugees in Lebanon: UN - Jul 09, 2012
- Angelina Jolie visits Syrian refugees in Turkey - Sep 14, 2012
- 30,000 Syrian refugees cross into Lebanon: UN - Jul 20, 2012
- US to give $12 mn in aid for Syrians - Mar 16, 2012
- Top UN official to visit Syria - Aug 14, 2012
- 100,000 people displaced in Pakistan this year - Mar 31, 2012
- Nearly 230,000 Syrian refugees in neighbouring countries: UN - Sep 01, 2012
- Number of Syria refugees rises to 200,000: UN - Aug 26, 2012
- Police guarding Lebanese envoy's house in Syria killed - Sep 05, 2012
- Over 100,000 flee fighting in northwestern Pakistan: UNHCR - Mar 31, 2012
- 80,000 displaced in Myanmar unrest - Jul 28, 2012
- Lebanon halts ship carrying arms for Syria rebels - Apr 29, 2012
- Arab League offers safe exit if Assad resigns - Jul 23, 2012
- Syria refugees in neighbouring countries on rise - Aug 18, 2012
- 150,000 Afghan refugees to leave Pakistan - Jun 18, 2012