33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted outJuly 31st, 2012 - 1:16 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, July 30 (IANS) Bruised by attacks of opposition parties on the law and order situation in the state, Uttar Pradesh’s Akhilesh Yadav government late Monday transferred 33 senior IPS officials, including police chiefs of Allahabad, Azamgarh, Bareilly, and Lucknow.
Indian Police Service (IPS) officer Ashutosh Pandey, considered very close to the ruling Samajwadi Party and holding the charge of the state capital in three capacities - senior superintendent of police (SSP), deputy inspector general of police (DIG) and inspector general of police (IG), has been relieved of all the three posts and has been shifted as IG (Railways).
R.K .Chaturvedi has been posted as the new SSP of Lucknow while Navneet Sikera has been posted as new Lucknow DIG. Sikera will hold the additional charge of DIG (Chief Minister’s Security) as well.
Mohit Agarwal, holding the charge of SSP Kumbh Mela has been transferred as the new Allahabad SSP. Satyendra Singh has been shifted to Bareilly, which was recently rocked by communal violence, as SSP.
Among other changes, Brij Lal, the director general of police during the Mayawati regime has been made DG (Civil Defence), Lucknow.
The government also removed transferred district magistrates of seven districts and placed new officials in Kasganj, Shravasti, Banda, Balrampur, Unnao, Lakhimpur Kheri and Bareilly.
The government also removed Avanish Awasthi, who was the chairman of the Uttar Pradesh Power Corporation Limited, and put him on the waiting list.
- Shifting of officials continues in UP - Mar 31, 2012
- Punjab transfers 30 senior police officers - Aug 05, 2012
- UP reverses Mayawati's police change - Mar 20, 2012
- IPS officers reshuffled in Uttar Pradesh - Jun 20, 2012
- Akhilesh transfers 112 cops - Mar 27, 2012
- Akhilesh transfers 1,000 bureaucrats in 24 days - Apr 09, 2012
- Rape accused Uttar Pradesh cop arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- 12 IAS transferred in UP - Mar 27, 2012
- Bihar rights panel helps NRI abused by IPS - Jun 17, 2011
- Poll panel shunts UP officials for being Mayawati 'agents' - Feb 13, 2012
- Saharanpur DIG's conduct unacceptable, says Akhilesh - May 10, 2012
- Maharashtra upgrades anti-Maoist operations - May 24, 2011
- Ayodhya Verdict: CCS to meet at PM's residence, BJP leaders at Advani's place - Sep 30, 2010
- Lucknow DM, DIG cautions against interpretation of Ayodhya Verdict - Sep 30, 2010
- Seven killed in collision - Mar 28, 2011
Tags: awasthi, azamgarh, bareilly, chaturvedi, chief minister, civil defence, communal violence, deputy inspector general, district magistrates, indian police service, ips officer, ips officers, kheri, kumbh mela, lal, law and order, lucknow, opposition parties, police chiefs, waiting list