32 police officers transferred in JharkhandJuly 29th, 2010 - 3:54 pm ICT by IANS
Ranchi, July 29 (IANS) The Jharkhand government has transferred 32 more Indian Police Service (IPS) officers even as political parties are unhappy with such moves.
The latest move Wednesday night takes the number of officials - including those from the IPS and Indian Administrative Service - transferred or given new postings to more than 300 since June 1 when Jharkhand came under President’s Rule.
“The transfers and postings during President’s Rule have surpassed that of any elected government,” Raghubar Das, state BJP president, told IANS.
A senior Congress leader said: “The governor should focus on providing effective governance instead of effecting large scale transfers and postings.”
- Frequent transfers in Jharkhand during president's rule frowned on - Jul 15, 2010
- BJP criticises Jharkhand governor for mass transfers - Oct 04, 2009
- BJP demands halt to demolition drive in Jharkhand - Apr 11, 2011
- Governor asks Shibu Soren not to transfer bureaucrats - May 13, 2010
- BJP aligns with JMM, seeks to form Jharkhand government (Third Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- Jharkhand bureaucrats turning autocrats: Congress - Aug 02, 2010
- BJP, JMM join hands again, Arjun Munda likely at helm - Sep 07, 2010
- BJP joins up with JMM again, stakes claim for Jharkhand government (Roundup) - Sep 07, 2010
- Munda chosen BJP legislative party leader - Sep 07, 2010
- Backed by JMM, BJP set to form Jharkhand government (Intro Roundup) - Sep 07, 2010
- Jharkhand parties protest land recovery for IIT, IIM - Jul 10, 2012
- With JMM support, BJP stakes claim to form Jharkhand government (Second Lead) - Sep 07, 2010
- Jharkhand demolitions: BJP leaders seeks PM's intervention - Apr 21, 2011
- Soren effects large scale transfers of bureaucrats - May 05, 2010
- BJP-JMM join hands to form government in Jharkhand (Lead) - Sep 07, 2010