32 more nominations rejected in Madhya PradeshApril 12th, 2009 - 7:53 pm ICT by IANS
Bhopal, April 12 (IANS) Nominations of 32 candidates have been rejected during the scrutiny process for 16 of Madhya Pradesh’s 29 parliamentary seats which go to the polls April 30, Election Commission sources said Sunday.
A total of 299 nominations were filed for the 16 seats. Of these, 267 nominations were found valid while 32 were rejected due to various reasons. The last date for the withdrawal of forms is April 13.
The maximum nominations - seven - out of the total 25 were rejected from Indore, followed by five out of 17 from Khargone, three out of 16 from Sagar, three out of 20 from Khandwa, one out of 30 in Morena, one out of 17 from Bhind, one out of 23 from Guna, one out of 21 from Tikamgarh, one out of 24 from Damoh, two out of 15 from Dewas, two out of 11 from Ujjain, two out of 20 from Mandsaur, one out of 11 from Ratlam and two out of 14 from Dhar.
All the 25 nominations in Gwalior and and 10 in Rajgarh were found to be valid.
As many as 29 nominations were rejected during the scrutiny of papers for 13 seats going to the polls April 23.
- Second phase of polls under way in Madhya Pradesh - Apr 30, 2009
- MP witnessing worst drought of the century: Shivaraj Singh Chouhan - Aug 19, 2009
- Madhya Pradesh college teacher roughed up by students dies - Mar 12, 2011
- 3,082 nominations found valid in Tamil Nadu - Mar 29, 2011
- 801 nominations for Punjab polls rejected - Jan 14, 2012
- Malnutrition harming Madhya Pradesh kids: Unicef - Sep 06, 2011
- Anti-corruption raids of officials yields crores - Jan 13, 2012
- When a rural health centre works, it works wonders (Feature) - Oct 20, 2011
- Three people held, eight teachers suspended for mass cheating (Lead) - Mar 05, 2010
- Mere 31 percent turnout in Madhya Pradesh elections (Third Lead) - Nov 27, 2008
- Nominations of 56 candidates in Delhi rejected - Apr 20, 2009
- Properties of Madhya Pradesh officials raided - Jan 17, 2012
- Violence mars Madhya Pradesh polls (Second Lead) - Nov 27, 2008
- Janani Express at service of more women in Madhya Pradesh - May 13, 2010
- 1,080 in fray for Punjab assembly polls - Jan 16, 2012