30 injured in clashes in front of US embassy in EgyptSeptember 13th, 2012 - 4:30 pm ICT by IANS
Cairo, Sep 13 (IANS) At least 30 people were injured in clashes in front of the US embassy in the Egyptian capital of Cairo, the state TV reported Thursday, quoting the Eygyt’s health ministry.
Sixteen protestors and 14 security personnel, including three officers and 11 soldiers, were injured, reported Xinhua.
The Egyptian Ambulance Authority said most injuries are being treated on the spot and are in stable conditions, but seven protesters have been transferred to the neighbouring governmental hospitals.
A police vehicle was set ablaze by the protestors.
The protestors have closed the roads leading to the embassy from Tahrir Square, downtown Cairo.
The conflict was sparked by Egyptians’ anger towards a movie made in the US.
On Wednesday, the Egyptian government denounced the movie “Innocence of Muslims” as offensive to Prophet Mohammed and immoral, and assigned the Egyptian embassy in Washington to take necessary legal action against the filmmaker.
Several thousand Egyptians Tuesday surrounded the US embassy in protest of the movie that the Muslim community deems insulting to Prophet Mohammed.
- US consulate set ablaze in Libya - Sep 12, 2012
- Clashes outside US embassy in Cairo leave 200 injured - Sep 14, 2012
- Yemeni protestors storm US embassy - Sep 13, 2012
- 70 injured in clashes in front of US embassy in Egypt (Lead) - Sep 13, 2012
- Libyan protesters storm US consulate, one personnel killed (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- UN's Ban calls for restraint amid Middle East protests and violence - Sep 17, 2012
- Protesters flood Cairo square, Mubarak warns of chaos (Roundup) - Feb 04, 2011
- Unrest swells in Egypt as cornered government bans Al-Jazeera (Roundup) - Jan 30, 2011
- US ambassador killed in Libya attack (Lead) - Sep 12, 2012
- Egypt unrest: Mubarak fires cabinet as Obama intervenes (Roundup) - Jan 29, 2011
- Mohammed Film Protests Sweep Muslim World - Sep 15, 2012
- Yemeni president apologises to US over embassy attack - Sep 14, 2012
- Arab Spring's turbulent wake confronts US - Sep 14, 2012
- Egyptians vote for new leader - Jun 17, 2012
- Five dead, 800 hurt in Cairo clashes, PM says sorry (Third Lead) - Feb 03, 2011
Tags: clashes, egypt cairo, egyptian capital, egyptian embassy, egyptian government, egyptians, embassy in washington, health ministry, muslim community, necessary legal action, police vehicle, prophet mohammed, protesters, protestors, security personnel, several thousand, stable conditions, state tv, us embassy, xinhua