2G: Swamy submits documents against Chidambaram (Lead)January 7th, 2012 - 6:34 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 7 (IANS) Seeking to haul make Home Minister P. Chidambaram before a court in the 2G spectrum case, Janata Party president Subramanian Swamy Saturday submitted the certified copies of documents and concluded his arguments.
Special Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) Judge O.P. Saini, after hearing Swamy’s plea for prosecution of Chidambaram in the 2G case, listed the matter for Jan 21 for final arguments.
“This evidence reveals the connivance, collusion and consent of the then finance minister Chidambaram in the decision taken by the then telecom minister A. Raja on the matter of fixing prices of spectrum licences and the matter of permitting companies who received licences,” Swamy said.
Swamy said that two companies which received the telecom licences sold their shares to others even before the roll-out of their services. He said the evidence brings on record a commission of offence under the Prevention of Corruption Act.
“I have also brought on record evidence to show that Chidambaram is also guilty of breach of trust in question of national security for not disclosing that Etisalat and Telenor were black-listed by home ministry advisory,” Swamy told reporters outside the court.
He added that Swan Telecom and Unitech Wireless had business relations with Dubai-based Etisalat Group and Norway-based Telenor, respectively.
Chidambaram was the finance minister in the first United Progressive Alliance government when the spectrum saga began.
Swamy sought to prosecute Chidambaram in the case, saying the decision on spectrum pricing was taken in 2008 jointly by him and Raja, who has been lodged in the Tihar Jail here since Feb 2, 2011. He alleged that Chidambaram and Raja were equally guilty of recommending spectrum prices based on 2001 rates.
Swamy earlier submitted three documents for seeking the prosecution of Chidambaram. These included evidence extracted from a Comptroller and Auditor General report and other sources. Swamy sought some time to bring more documents related to the scam.
Raja is among the 14 people, including corporate honchos, who have been arrested in the scam. Kanimozhi, a DMK Rajya Sabha MP and daughter of former Tamil Nadu chief minister M. Karunanidhi, was also arrested in the case. All the arrested people, except Raja and former telecom secretary Siddhartha Behura, have been freed on bail.
- Raja committed offence in active connivance with Chidambaram: Swamy (Roundup) - Dec 17, 2011
- Chidambaram's alleged complicity in 2G scam to be decided Saturday - Feb 03, 2012
- 2G: Swamy submits documents against Chidambaram - Jan 07, 2012
- 2G: Swamy deposes against Chidambaram (Second Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- Order reserved on Swamy plea for Chidambaram's trial (Lead) - Jan 22, 2012
- 2G case: Order reserved on Swamy's plea (Lead) - Dec 03, 2011
- Order reserved on Swamy plea seeking Chidambaram's prosecution - Jan 21, 2012
- 2G transactions known to PM, Chidambaram: Raja (Lead) - Jul 25, 2011
- Swamy to depose against Chidambaram - Dec 08, 2011
- 2G case: Swamy deposes against Chidambaram (Lead) - Dec 17, 2011
- 2G: Court adjourns hearing for two days - Feb 01, 2012
- Probe Chidambaram's role in 2G case: Swamy tells apex court (Lead) - Sep 08, 2011
- 2G case: Swamy gives apex court proof on Chidambaram's role (Lead) - Sep 21, 2011
- CBI will study Swamy's documents on Chidambaram, court told (Lead) - Sep 22, 2011
- Chidambaram decided 2G spectrum prices with Raja: Swamy - Nov 22, 2011
Tags: alliance government, auditor general report, breach of trust, business relations, central bureau of investigation, certified copies of documents, connivance, etisalat, finance minister, home minister, home ministry, party president, prevention of corruption act, progressive alliance, record evidence, saini, spectrum licences, subramanian swamy, tihar jail, unitech