2G: Court seeks report on plea against PMAugust 16th, 2012 - 10:26 pm ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Aug 16 (IANS) A special court here has sought a report from the anti-corruption branch of Delhi on an activist’s complaint alleging that Prime minister Manmohan Singh and former telecom minister Dayanidhi Maran facilitated the 2G wrongdoings.
Special Judge Sangita Dhingra Sehgal Tuesday asked the Delhi government’s probe agency to file the status report within eight weeks and decided to next hear the matter Oct 19.
The court was hearing a petition filed by right to information activist Vivek Garg seeking direction to register a case against the prime minister and Maran for committing offences of criminal breach of trust, cheating and other various sections of the Prevention of Corruption Act.
The petitioner requested court to direct the probe agency to investigate the role of the prime minister and Maran for allegedly diluting the terms 2G licences.
Despite knowing all facts of the pre-planned corruption, the prime minister did nothing but gave a safe passage to all corrupt ministers and officials, causing loss to the government, Garg said.
- More time for probe into graft plea against Dikshit - Sep 04, 2012
- Court pulls up cash-for-vote accused for wearing sunglasses - May 28, 2012
- CWG graft: Hearing against Dikshit deferred - Jun 01, 2012
- Cash-for-vote: Non-bailable warrant against Hindustani - Aug 14, 2012
- Court defers hearing over Dikshit - Feb 23, 2012
- Working on cash-for-votes money trail, cops tell court - May 10, 2012
- Cash-for-votes: BJP MP Ashok Argal booked - Oct 03, 2011
- Maran will be dropped if probe points finger - Jun 25, 2011
- Will file complaint on Aircel-Marxis deal, Swamy tells court - May 26, 2012
- Court seeks police report on complaint against Dikshit - Jun 08, 2012
- Maran's position shaky, as CBI points finger (Second Lead) - Jul 06, 2011
- PM should drop Maran from cabinet: Jayalalithaa - Jul 06, 2011
- JPC meets CBI chief, may call Maran on 2G - Jun 07, 2011
- Cash-for-vote: Police likely to file another charge sheet - Feb 10, 2012
- Maran is being investigated, says PM - Jun 06, 2011
Tags: breach of trust, criminal breach of trust, dayanidhi maran, delhi government, dhingra, manmohan, manmohan singh, New Delhi, petition, petitioner, plea, prevention of corruption act, prime minister manmohan, prime minister manmohan singh, safe passage, sehgal, special judge, telecom