2G case: Delhi High Court adjourns pleas of Balwa, AggarwalJanuary 7th, 2012 - 12:04 am ICT by IANS
New Delhi, Jan 6 (IANS) The Delhi High Court Friday adjourned till Feb 6 the hearing on the plea of corporate honchos Asif Balwa and Rajiv B. Agggarwal that the CBI officer investigating the 2G case be barred from attending their trial.
Advocate Vijay Aggarwal, appearing for the petitioners argued: “During the trial, the investigating officer, himself a witness in the case, can not remain present in court when the statement of other witnesses was being recorded.”
Aggarwal further pleaded that he had raised the issue during the cross-examination of prosecution witnesses in the trial court also, but the special CBI Court had rejected his contention, saying it did not find anything wrong with the presence of the investigating officer in the courtroom.
Disagreeing with the petitioner, advocate Sonia Mathur appearing for the CBI said that some investigating officers were also witnesses in the case and hence, their presence during the trial was a must.
She further submitted that the petitioners at least satisfy the trial court first with their contentions. They could then approach the high court.
Balwa and Aggarwal, the directors of Kusegaon Fruits and Vegetables Pvt Ltd., have been charged with routing a Rs.200 crore bribe to Kalaignar TV in which DMK MP Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar, both co-accused, and DMK chief M. Karunanidhi’s wife Dayalu Ammal hold 20, 20 and 60 percent stakes respectively.
- 2G: Balwa, Aggarwal move high court - Jan 05, 2012
- 2G: High court dismisses honchos' plea (Lead) - Feb 14, 2012
- Kanimozhi is brain behind Kalaignar TV: CBI tells court (Roundup) - May 07, 2011
- 2G scam: Kusegoan officials question CBI charges (Lead) - Aug 16, 2011
- Court rejects exemption plea of Kanimozhi, Kumar (Lead) - May 07, 2011
- Supreme Court to hear Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar bail pleas Monday - Jun 12, 2011
- 2G: Court defers hearing on two accused's plea till Jan 10 - Dec 15, 2011
- 2G scam: Shahid Balwa's bail decision reserved - May 18, 2011
- Unhappy DMK to meet Wednesday, Congress says alliance stable (Roundup) - Apr 26, 2011
- Why isn't Dayalu Ammal charged in 2G scam, asks BJP - Apr 25, 2011
- 2G scam: Kanimozhi applies for bail (Second Lead) - May 06, 2011
- Kanimozhi, Sharad Kumar's bail pleas dismissed (Second Lead) - Jun 08, 2011
- Kanimozhi gets two-day exemption from court appearance (Lead) - May 10, 2011
- 2G scam: Another CBI chargesheet likely on Monday - Apr 24, 2011
- One of corporate executives co-accused in 2G case faints in court - May 04, 2011
Tags: aggarwal, bribe, cbi court, contentions, corporate honchos, courtroom, crore, cross examination, delhi high court, dmk chief, fruits and vegetables, m karunanidhi, petitioner, petitioners, prosecution witnesses, pvt ltd, rajiv, rs 200, sharad, trial court