2,270 delegates to attend CPC CongressAugust 13th, 2012 - 7:51 pm ICT by IANS
Beijing, Aug 13 (IANS) A total of 2,270 delegates have been elected to attend the upcoming 18th National Congress of the Communist Party of China (CPC), Xinhua reported Monday.
President Hu Jintao and another eight members of the Standing Committee of the Politburo are among those who will attend.
About 50 more delegates will attend the Congress compared to the previous Congress five years ago.
The Congress will be held in the second half of this year in Beijing. The Communist Party of China has more than 82 million members.
- CPC elects younger delegates to national congress - Aug 14, 2012
- Chinese vice president gets key military post - Oct 18, 2010
- Chinese delegation to visit India, Pakistan - Oct 29, 2011
- `China's publishing firms must go global' - Dec 24, 2011
- Senior Chinese Official for better social management to ensure long-term peace - Feb 21, 2011
- Hu wants plantation drives to support scientific development - Apr 04, 2012
- China to formulate five-year anti-corruption plan - Aug 22, 2012
- Sharad Yadav discusses ties with CPC - Sep 14, 2012
- China to make more non-communists as department heads - Apr 16, 2012
- Trust crises between officials, people: Chinese daily - Nov 03, 2011
- Nepali president meets visiting Chinese leader - Nov 08, 2011
- Chinese politician's wife held over murder - Apr 11, 2012
- 'China ready to work with new North Korean leadership to promote bilateral ties' - Oct 02, 2010
- Communist Party of China sets agenda for five years (Roundup) - Oct 18, 2010
- Chinese, Bangladeshi legislators hold talks - Oct 13, 2011