18 police officers reshuffled in ChhattisgarhDecember 31st, 2008 - 9:54 pm ICT by IANS
Raipur, Dec 31 (IANS) Chhattisgarh’s Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government Wednesday reshuffled 14 Indian Police Service (IPS) officers and appointed new inspectors-general for Raipur and Durg ranges.Home department officials said that Raipur inspector general (IG) Y.K.S. Thakur was shifted to the Economic Offences Wing (EOW) as IG while D.M. Awasthi will take charge as IG Raipur range. Mukesh Gupta was appointed IG for Durg range.
Anil Nawani, one of the senior-most IPS officers, was appointed director general (Home Guards). Additional Director General (ADG) (Intelligence) Girdhari Nayak was moved to the Crime Investigation Department (CID) as ADG.
Ashok Juneja was appointed home secretary.
S.K. Jha, Ratanlal Dangi and Neha Champavat will be superintendents of police of Janjgir, Koria and Dhamtari district respectively.
- Chhattisgarh engineer owns assets over Rs.60 mn - Sep 22, 2011
- 33 IPS officers shifted in UP, power chief also booted out - Jul 31, 2012
- Chhattisgarh IPS officer dies of cardiac arrest (Lead) - Apr 03, 2012
- Youth held with 300 kg of marijuana - Dec 15, 2009
- UP reverses Mayawati's police change - Mar 20, 2012
- Chhattisgarh IPS officer dies of cardiac arrest - Apr 03, 2012
- A forest ranger owns property worth over Rs.4 crore! - Sep 08, 2010
- Maoists kill six cops in Chhattisgarh (Lead) - Oct 21, 2011
- Rs.50 mn assets seized from Chhattisgarh government employee - Aug 25, 2011
- Half of Chhattisgarh's diamond belt in Maoist strongholds - Aug 02, 2010
- An assistant engineer worth Rs.70 million! - Mar 01, 2012
- After attack, Chhattisgarh hunts for Maoists - Oct 22, 2011
- Custody of five Rajasthan Police officers extended - May 26, 2011
- Rape accused Uttar Pradesh cop arrested - Jul 13, 2012
- Chhattisgarh labour official has over Rs.20 mn assets - Jan 07, 2012