17 senior bureaucrats reshuffledFebruary 19th, 2008 - 9:00 pm ICT by admin
New Delhi, Feb 19 (IANS) The Appointments Committee of the Cabinet Tuesday approved appointments of 17 Indian Administration Service (IAS) officers to various departments of the government. Prominent among those who were transferred or promoted was B.K. Sinha, appointed as director general of the Hyderabad-based National Institute of Rural Development from his present post as additional secretary in the ministry of Panchayati Raj.
Sudhir Krishna, at present posted as additional secretary, will replace Sinha.
G. Balachandran, a joint secretary in the ministry of environment and forests, was appointed chief executive officer of the Food Safety & Standards Authority while Ajay Bhattacharya, a joint secretary in the department of animal husbandry, goes as administrator in the Universal Service Obligation Fund in the department of telecommunications.
Pradeep K. Deb was upgraded to the post of executive director in the Manila-based Asian Development Bank.
Other appointments include Loretta Mary Vas as additional secretary in the department of economic affairs, ministry of finance, and Viswapati Trivedi promoted as joint chairman cum managing director of the National Aviation Company of India.
- R.K. Singh to succeed Pillai as home secretary (Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- R.K. Singh named home secretary (Second Lead) - Jun 24, 2011
- Odisha shifts top official over Posco clashes - Dec 16, 2011
- Devas deal cancelled for national security: Minister - Feb 06, 2012
- Praveen Tripathi is Delhi's new chief secretary - Apr 02, 2011
- Nair, three others found responsible for Antrix-Devas deal (Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Devas deal: Probe team indicts ex-ISRO chief, three others (Second Lead) - Feb 05, 2012
- Neeraj Kumar is new Delhi Police chief (Lead) - Jun 28, 2012
- Top officials transferred in Tamil Nadu - May 17, 2011
- P.K. Pradhan takes over as health secretary - Oct 17, 2011
- Chaudhary new Haryana chief secretary - Apr 03, 2012
- R.K. Singh takes over as new home secretary - Jun 30, 2011
- 'Full-time aviation watchdog chief by July-end' - Jul 11, 2012
- Tripura's new police chief takes charge - Nov 16, 2011
- Don't dare to ignore poll panel's directives, Goa warned - Feb 02, 2012
Tags: administration service, appointments committee, bureaucrats, chief executive officer, director general, food safety, indian administration, krishna, ministry of environment, ministry of environment and forests, New Delhi, panchayati raj, rural development, sudhir