17 hurt in Uttar Pradesh accidentMarch 3rd, 2012 - 11:06 am ICT by IANS
Lucknow, March 3 (IANS) As many as 17 women constables headed for polling duty were injured Saturday in Moradabad when a mini-bus carrying them overturned.
The women, who are undergoing police training, were on their way to polling stations for election duty when their vehicle turned turtle and 17 of them were injured, police said.
Deputy Inspector General of Police (Moradabad) Amitabh Yash told IANS that while 14 were discharged after first aid, three women constables had “slightly serious injuries”.
- Brisk ballotting in UP polls (Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Voting picks up in UP seventh phase poll (Second Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- 28 killed as buses collide - Dec 26, 2010
- 25 hurt as school bus overturns - Sep 29, 2011
- 46 die in road accidents across 3 states (Roundup) - May 28, 2012
- 17 killed in road accident in east China - Aug 06, 2011
- One killed, 12 students injured in UP road mishaps - May 03, 2012
- One student killed, 10 hurt as van overturns - Oct 20, 2011
- 10 students injured as school bus overturns - Aug 24, 2011
- Five students hurt as mini-bus overturns in Delhi - Jul 12, 2010
- Hundreds of thousands vote in UP (Third Lead) - Mar 03, 2012
- Thirteen die after bus overturns in eastern Zimbabwe - Aug 03, 2011
- Kanpur cop dies after being shot inside police station (Lead) - Mar 30, 2012
- Three killed as mini bus overturns in capital (Lead) - Feb 03, 2010
- 16 women troopers injured in accident - Jan 14, 2011