15 killed in Syria car bombingSeptember 2nd, 2012 - 9:14 am ICT by IANS
Damascus, Sep 2 (IANS) At least 15 people were killed in Syria Saturday when a booby-trapped car exploded at a restive suburb of Damascus in the evening, Xinhua reported.
It was the third car bomb blast hitting the country in a single day.
The car went off near a mosque in the Sbaineh suburb, reported state-run SANA news agency, adding that 15 civilians had been killed. The area is dominated by Palestinian refugees.
Earlier in the day, an explosive device ripped through an army officer’s car in the Damascus’s Rukn Addien district, killing the officer and injuring others, the state media said.
In Deir al-Zour province, one person was killed and two kids were injured when a suicide car bomb exploded Saturday, al-Ekhbaria TV said.
- Syria releases 225 detainees - Sep 01, 2012
- Gas pipeline blown up in Syria - Mar 24, 2012
- Oil pipeline blown up in Syria - Apr 22, 2012
- UN mission finds 13 bodies in Syria - May 30, 2012
- Two school kids killed in Syria bombing - Jul 15, 2012
- Seven killed in twin Syrian blasts - Apr 05, 2012
- Assad orders formation of new government - Jun 06, 2012
- Car bomb rocks Damascus suburb, hits peace deal - Apr 25, 2012
- Eight soldiers die in Yemen car bombing - Jul 24, 2011
- Five Killed, many injured in Syria blast - Sep 04, 2012
- Damascus bombings toll rises to 55 (Second Lead) - May 10, 2012
- 29 die in Damascus blasts - May 10, 2012
- 40 die in Damascus suicide bombings (Lead) - May 10, 2012
- 14 soldiers killed in Yemen car bombing - Aug 18, 2012
- Six killed, 39 injured in Iraq car bombings - Aug 16, 2012
Tags: al ekhbaria, army officer, bomb exploded saturday, car bomb blast, car bombing, civilians, damascus, explosive device, mosque, news agency, palestinian refugees, single day, suburb, suicide, syria, xinhua