115 killed in Syria: ReportSeptember 6th, 2012 - 7:56 am ICT by IANS
Damascus, Sep 6 (IANS/AKI) An anti-government organisation has claimed the Syrian military Wednesday killed at least 115 people in a massacre in Aleppo province.
The Syrian Local Coordination Committees, an umbrella organisation of 14 anti-government groups, said 25 of those killed were children.
Around 5,000 people died in Syria’s civil war in August, making it the deadliest month since violence started almost 18 months ago, according to activist groups.
More than 26,000 people have died in the conflict that started in March 2011.
- August deadliest month in Syria; 5,000 killed - Sep 05, 2012
- 23 bodies found near Damascus - Sep 07, 2012
- Police guarding Lebanese envoy's house in Syria killed - Sep 05, 2012
- Syrian envoy to Iraq defects - Jul 13, 2012
- Syrian journalists killed in TV station attack - Jun 28, 2012
- Put pressure on Assad: Italy urges nations - Jul 28, 2012
- Syria frees hundreds of political prisoners - Dec 29, 2011
- 40,000 Syrian refugees reach Turkey - Jul 14, 2012
- Russian warships head to Syria - Jul 10, 2012
- Amnesty finds evidence of state-sponsored abuse in Syria - Jun 15, 2012