11 Maharashtra MPs under-utilised development funds: CAGJune 12th, 2009 - 10:12 pm ICT by IANS
Mumbai, June 12 (IANS) A government watchdog’s report has named 11 sitting and former MPs from Maharashtra, including singer Lata Mangeshkar and actress Hema Malini, for under-utilising development funds, an official release said Friday.
The report of the Comptroller and Auditor General of India (CAG), presented in the Maharashtra Legislative Council Friday, said the 11 MPs were entitled to receive Rs.88 crore (Rs.880 million) during 2003-2008 under the Members of Parliament Local Area Development Scheme (MPLADS) - but utilised a mere Rs.28.81 (Rs.288.1 million).
This was mainly due to non-recommendation of works or cancellation of projects.
The other MPs named in the report are Union Power Minister Sushilkumar Shinde, Civil Aviation Minister Praful Patel and Rajya Sabha MPs Pritish Nandy, Eknath Thakur and Rajiv Shukla. Also named are Suresh Prabhu, Vilas Muttemwar, Subhash Deshmukh and Jaisinghrao Gaikwad.
Prabhu and Deshmukh lost the recent Lok Sabha elections, Gaikwad did not contest.
- Declare a calamity severe in three days, says panel - Aug 14, 2012
- MPs' constituency funds hiked to Rs.5 crore - Mar 11, 2011
- 'Lata Mangeshkar's music transcends boundaries' - Jan 23, 2011
- South Sudan seeks Indian help in parliamentary work (With images) - Jul 13, 2012
- Political leaders pay tribute to Rajesh Khanna - Jul 18, 2012
- Lata felicitated on father's death anniversary - Apr 25, 2011
- Anuradha Paudwal And Ravi Win Lata Mangeshkar Award - Dec 06, 2010
- Veteran socialist leader Mrinal Gore dead (Lead) - Jul 18, 2012
- MPs can now spend up to Rs.10 lakh on physically disabled - May 06, 2011
- Rekha's Rajya Sabha nomination no ordinary achievement: Mahesh Bhatt - Apr 27, 2012
- Lata proud of brother Hridaynath - Sep 28, 2011
- Adarsh scam: CBI told to file report on Shinde, Deshmukh's role - Aug 03, 2012
- MPLADS constitutionally valid, says Supreme Court - May 06, 2010
- Scientist Narlikar named for Maharashtra state award - Mar 07, 2011
- Notice to Bihar on new norms for MP's development funds - Feb 21, 2012
Tags: actress hema, civil aviation, comptroller and auditor general, comptroller and auditor general of india, deshmukh, development scheme, eknath, government watchdog, hema malini, legislative council, lok sabha elections, members of parliament, power minister, praful patel, pritish nandy, rajya sabha, suresh prabhu, sushilkumar shinde, thakur, vilas muttemwar