11 JD-U MPs face disciplinary actionMarch 8th, 2011 - 9:12 pm ICT by IANS
Patna, March 8 (IANS) Bihar’s ruling Janata Dal-United (JD-U) Tuesday recommended to the party high command to take action against 11 party MPs and dozens of other leaders for anti-party activities during the assembly elections last year.
“We have sent the recommendation for disciplinary action to the party national president Sharad Yadav,” JD-U state president Vashisht Narayan Singh told reporters here.
Those recommended for disciplinary action are party MPs Rajeev Ranjan Singh alias Lalan Singh, Upendra Kushwaha, Monazir Hasan, Purnmasi Ram, Mangli Lal Mandal, Sushil Singh, Meena singh, Arjun Rai, Mahabali Singh, Baidnath Mahto and Ashwamedha Devi.
The state disciplinary committee has also expelled a party rebel legislator Prem Kumar Mani for six years for anti-party activities.
Besides, the committee has also acted against nearly 200 party leaders and workers on charges of anti-party activities.
Reacting to the recommendation, Kushwaha, a Rajya Sabha member, said it was a matter of serious concern for a democratic party.
“It appears that some of the party leaders were right when they accused that JD-U lacks internal democracy,” he said.
Kushwaha had refused to appear before the disciplinary committee in February.
He then said he would make his stand clear to party chief Sharad Yadav and that a state committee could not seek an explanation from an MP.
Kushwaha was among 750 party leaders who have been served show-cause notice by the disciplinary committee charging them of anti-party activities.
It was reported that many of the party MPs fielded their relatives on rival party tickets against the official JD-U candidates in the 2010 elections.
Some leaders openly took part in Congress poll rallies while some kept away from the official party campaign.
- JD-U MPs, legislator skip disciplinary committee hearing - Feb 05, 2011
- Won't appear before disciplinary committee: JD-U MP - Jan 27, 2011
- JD-U rebels form political outfit - Jun 21, 2011
- JD-U revokes suspension of two MPs - Jul 10, 2010
- Janata Dal-United rebels hint at new party in Bihar - Jun 20, 2011
- BJP leader walks over to JD-U in Bihar - Jul 03, 2012
- Bihar JD-U is run like a private company: rebel MP - Sep 27, 2010
- Differences in NDA over ex-BSP man Kushwaha - Jan 04, 2012
- JD-U miffed about last minute news of NDA meet - Jun 14, 2012
- It's Janata Dal 'disunited' in Bihar (Lead) - Jul 27, 2010
- Enact law to seize corrupt politicians' property: Nitish urged (Lead, recasting intro) - Apr 11, 2011
- Enact law to seize corrupt politicians' property: Nitish urged - Apr 11, 2011
- Bickering, clashes mark JD-U meetings in Bihar - Jul 27, 2010
- Nitish Kumar congratulates Pranab, invites him to Bihar - Jul 22, 2012
- JD-U to go solo in Uttar Pradesh - Jan 05, 2012
Tags: arjun, assembly elections, disciplinary committee, internal democracy, kushwaha, mahabali, mandal, mangli, meena singh, national president, party campaign, party chief, party leaders, rajeev ranjan, rajya sabha member, sharad yadav, state committee, state president, sushil, upendra