Woodchunks suspected in cemetery flags theft caseJuly 9th, 2012 - 8:22 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Hudson, July 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) There has been a spurt in cases in which cemetery flags in Hudson have been stolen. More than 75 flags were reported to be stolen from the Civil War graves in a Hudson cemetery.
The authorities tried in vain to catch the culprit but now finally they seem to have a suspect – woodchunks!
And the proof which nailed the woodchunks involvement in the case was that the flags were found in their burrows. The authorities were very perplexed by the spate of robberies in the graves. When normal methods to catch the thief failed, then they set up cameras in the cemetery to catch the culprits.
The authorities were in for a rude shock when they viewed the camera footage, as they saw that the woodchunks were responsible for stealing the flags.
Mayor Bill Hallenbeck told the media about the case and he confirmed that indeed the woodchunks were responsible for the theft. And he also added that the offending evidence – the flags were found in their burrows too. When the authorities inspected the flags then they found that they were coated in a material that is responsible for attracting the woodchunks.
- Graves Of Wright Brothers Vandalized - Sep 23, 2010
- 500,000 bees stolen from Fraser Valley - Jul 31, 2012
- Woman filmed stealing flowers from a grave - Dec 08, 2011
- Body Stolen From Mausoleum In Long Island - Aug 25, 2010
- Man sitting 2,000 miles away helps catch thief - Nov 20, 2011
- John Myers Helps Nab Thief With Wedding Family Photos In Wisconsin - Aug 26, 2010
- Christmas tree thief caught by trail of pine needles - Dec 20, 2011
- Superintendent of Arlington National Cemetery: '6,600 graves misidentified' - Jul 29, 2010
- Robbery gang busted in Chandigarh - Apr 11, 2011
- Chinese cemetery fined for selling oversized graves - Apr 14, 2012
- Karachi cops hunt for bananas - Jun 30, 2012
- Vandals destroy the cemetery where the Wright Brothers are buried - Sep 23, 2010
- Archaeologists discover late-Roman cemetery in Lincolnshire - Jul 15, 2010
- Hudson's brother-in-law guilty for murder - May 12, 2012
- 'Stupid' burglar posts pic of self taken with stolen laptop on owner's Facebook page - Dec 16, 2010