Women mistakenly uses super glue instead of eye drops

October 8th, 2010 - 9:09 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt  

Talk about a deadly mistake and an Arizona woman did exactly that.

Imgard Holm of Glendale mistakenly glued her eye instead of taking medication in the form of eye drops. She had a cataract surgery a year ago and according to KSAZ-TV she intended to pick on of the six eye drops that she uses.

She rather picked a bottle of glue and applied it to her eye before instantly realizing that something was wrong because of the burning sensation she had immediately after.

She tried to wash the glue off her eyes but the super glue, which is designed to dry early, dried quickly and sealed her eyes.

Holm realized she needed to get to the hospital where a staff removed the hardened glue that covered her eyes. Doctors washed her eyes after the glue was removed to prevent any major damage to the eye.

Holm said afterwards that her eye drop bottles and that of the super glue were identical. She might now consider putting her glues very far away from where she keeps her eye. She can also forget about glue for now until she has completely used all the eye drops she has.

Related Stories

Tags: , , , , , , , , , ,

Posted in Odd news |

Subscribe