Weird weather rains seaweed over Gloucestershire villageAugust 9th, 2012 - 9:06 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Gloucestershire Village, Aug 9 (THAINDIAN NEWS) Residents of Gloucestershire Village were left wondering when the weather brought them seaweed rain. The residents were left in awe when they woke up to seaweed everywhere around them.
The smelly weeds had been brought about by a nasty storm the previous night which had swept debris from a beach a few kilometers away.
Experts say that a possible explanation for the sea weed is a wind that carried the seaweed from the Clevedon Beach and dumped it around residences of people. People were very surprised to find seaweed and some said that they have stories of fish being picked up by the wind but not seaweed. Some residents who decided to pick the seaweeds from their homes say they collected bucketfuls of the smelly weed.
Weather experts say that the incident is very bizarre but it is possible and they told people to also look out for fish in their gardens too. The experts try to explain the cause of the seaweed in the residential area as several thunderstorms which caused a tornado that picked up the seaweed from the beach and dumped it in the residential streets. Residents who say the incident to be strange and weird are collecting the weeds in buckets and leaving them to wither away lowly because they o not know what else to do with them.
- Orange County Tornado Brings Life To A Standstill - Jan 20, 2010
- Researchers to embark on most ambitious tornado study ever - May 01, 2010
- Thunderstorm briefly prompts New York City tornado warning - Aug 28, 2011
- North Carolina Governor declares Severe Weather Awareness Week, Feb. 28 - March 6 - Feb 26, 2010
- Weed-eating fish key to reef's survival - Mar 11, 2011
- Missouri tornado toll reaches 139 - May 29, 2011
- Weed-eating fish 'vital to coral reefs' survival' - Mar 11, 2011
- Tornado warning for northern Florida - Mar 12, 2010
- Scientists inspect Haryana's rare tornado site (Lead) - Jul 24, 2010
- US marks warmest March on record - Apr 10, 2012
- Search for victims after deadly tornadoes in US - Mar 05, 2012
- Tornado Warning Issued For Santa Clara, Withdrawn After No Sighting - Jan 21, 2010
- Lily Allen worried storm may spoil her wedding - Jun 07, 2011
- Record trash collected from New Jersey beaches - Apr 19, 2011
- Tornado Warning Withdrawn In Phoenix - Jan 22, 2010