US Airways flight forced to land after dog gets loose and bites twoDecember 8th, 2010 - 9:30 pm ICT by Aishwarya Bhatt
Newark, Dec 8 (THAINDIAN NEWS) A Manchester Terrier named Mandy, caused real terror aboard a US Airways flight that was bound to travel from Newark to Phoenix. The dog bit two people on board the plane and caused the plane to divert to Pittsburgh for those bitten to be attended to.
The dog managed to escape from where it was being kept before biting a flight attendant who tried to catch it. Another passenger who tried to calm the animal down was also bitten before the canine was finally overpowered.
Under the US flight controls, the animal should have been secured in a cage and kept at a place where it will not mingle with the passengers. It was not clear if that was the case in this instance. The dog is said to belong to an 89-year-old passenger who was not named in the report.
The injured people were treated by paramedics at Pittsburgh before the flight continued to its destination. It has however been indicated that the woman will not be charged with the incident.
It is not immediately clear the kind of action that the passenger that was attacked will take against the airline for “carelessly” allowing the dog to break loose on the plane.
- Monkey delays Air China flight from New York - May 26, 2012
- British mother, son jailed over dogs' deaths - Feb 24, 2012
- F-16s scrambled as US marked 9/11 anniversary - Sep 12, 2011
- Uggie the dog has retired - Jan 27, 2012
- Continental Airline says that sick pilots resulted in flight cancellations - Jul 27, 2011
- Mad dog bites foreign tourists at Fatehpur Sikri - Mar 24, 2011
- Savaged by dogs, Briton fights for life - May 21, 2012
- Southwest Airlines grounds dozens of planes after in-flight fuselage rupture - Apr 02, 2011
- Woman sues airline for killing her pet dog - Jan 10, 2012
- Anger, concern after dog bites at Fatehpuri Sikri (Lead) - Mar 24, 2011
- Jobless Briton stabs dog to death, faces jail - Jun 08, 2012
- Delta Airlines Loses Dog And Invites Owners' Wrath - May 12, 2010
- 'Humphrey the Hippo' kills owner in South Africa - Nov 13, 2011
- Dozens sickened during ArkeFly flight from Amsterdam to Canary Islands - Dec 18, 2010
- Baby born on Philippine Airlines flight has no nationality - Sep 23, 2011