Tyler Shields Stays Awake For 40 Days, Sets A World RecordNovember 3rd, 2010 - 7:01 pm ICT by GD
By Gina Gomez
Nov 3, (THAINDIAN NEWS) The American professional photographer Tyler Shields announced two days before that he is all to break the previous world record and set a record for himself by staying awake for 40 days. The Los Angeles photographer said that he stayed awake for consecutive 968 hours to make a new world record. After setting his own record he said that one of the main interesting fact is that nobody is going to complain about being tired when they are around him as he has spent 40 sleepless days and nights.
Tyler Shields, after his achievement told a reputed media source that now that he has set the record of staying awake for 968 hours, no body can tell him that he is “exhausted” when the person is with Tyler Shields. Early in this week Tyler Shields said that he completed his sleep-deprivation and has overcome fevers, eye pain, headaches and in the end even the loss of “feeling on his legs” to last more than a month without sleep. In-spite of all his efforts, Guinness World Records officials said that they would not recognize this as a record as it is very difficult to prove that he actually did not sleep for so many hours.
Tyler Shields, on the other hand said that it is “important” for people to do and believe in things that they feel is “impossible”. However, he also said that many people told him that he would never be able to make it till 40 days as the task was “impossible” but he wanted to “challenge” himself. He explained that the whole process was “terrible” for him. In the end, he said that he would not advise anyone to do it though after setting the record he feels it was “pretty awesome”.
- Photographer Tyler Shields claims that he didn't sleep for 40 days - Nov 03, 2010
- Tyler Shields Goes Without Sleep For 40 days - Nov 03, 2010
- Starvation and sleep-deprivation may keep brain sharp - Sep 01, 2010
- Sleep deprivation can cause night-time urination in kids - Feb 02, 2012
- 'Simpsons' fan to attempt world record by watching 451 episodes in one go - Jan 15, 2010
- Lack of sleep 'affects extroverts the most' - Nov 01, 2010
- Pakistani man sets tree plantation world record - Sep 29, 2010
- Brain regions can briefly go 'off-line' even while awake, causing errors - Apr 28, 2011
- Keeping awake eases impact of traumatic events - Jan 18, 2012
- What Guinness? My job is to run: 100-year-old Fauja Singh (Interview) (With images) - Jan 04, 2012
- Assam cop is longest barefoot runner in world - Apr 17, 2012
- Teen collapses after 5-days of gaming marathon - Aug 09, 2012
- Losing a night's sleep 'can turn you into a reckless gambler' - Mar 08, 2011
- Choc-a-bloc for Abhishek: Wai to Mumbai every day - Feb 25, 2012
- Child piano playing prodigy sets new Guinness record - Jul 26, 2012
Tags: eye pain, gina gomez, guinness world records, headaches, interesting fact, legs, media source, new world record, professional photographer, shields, sleep, sleep deprivation, sleepless days, spite